Review of Covercraft Evolution Car Cover for LS 430

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-16, 04:38 PM
Yohimbo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Review of Covercraft Evolution Car Cover for LS 430

Hi All,
When I purchased my 05 UL (in BLACK) I was highly aware that I live in a place where it's hot a good chunk of the year, and I don't have the garage space for the car. Although I don't have much experience with car covers except for the OEM one my 93 Miata wears, I knew that I needed at least a decent one for the Lexus. After some research and shopping, I found the Covercraft custom-made (really?) Evolution for a reasonable $190 shipped. Here are my impressions:

Appearance
The material is the most interesting part of this cover; it has a cloth-like feel, but is light and easy to handle. Yet, it has a certain amount of, for want of a better term, rigidity to it, which helps in putting it on the car. The cover has the word front printed on the appropriate end, which can be helpful when you are unrolling it. I got the light beige; it has a grey color on the inside. The stitching and seams appear to be quite heavy duty to my untrained eye.

Fit
The fit is pretty darn tight and I mean this in a good way, especially compared to my Miata cover. I was wondering whether the cover would fit the fold-in mirrors but it matches up perfectly, as does the allowance for the sat antenna. Again, my experience with car covers is limited, but I really think Covercraft got this right.

Performance
After purchasing the car and cover in the very hottest part of the summer, I am extremely pleased with the performance of the Covercraft. The blazing South Texas sun cannot manage to heat up this car very much at all when the cover is on, and it has also performed well when it rains (we had a tropical storm come in a couple of weeks ago). The custom fit and the weight of the material means that the cover won't blow off in the wind either, in contrast to the Miata cover. To sum up, when I can go out in the middle of the day, take off the cover and drive the 430 without having overheated temps in the cabin, I'm completely satisfied. Pair this up with a good windshield screen and those of you without garage space should be happy with this car cover.