LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Aftermarket hoods/scoops

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-16, 05:14 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket hoods/scoops

Is there any aftermarket hoods or scoops that look good on the ls430? I have done extensive searching and was not able to find anything. The car has a long sloping hood so some kind of scoop would have to look half decent, if any one finds anything or has info please do share thanks.
Old 05-14-16, 05:59 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Noooo!!!!!! Don't do it!
Old 05-14-16, 07:29 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

I am not talking like ricer pep boys scoop there was this junction produce ls that had a slight raise in the hood with a cut out on each side that looked super aggressive there has to be something out there.
Old 05-14-16, 10:03 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

It won't look right with a stock body. Be sure to accommodate it with a nice VIP body kit.
Old 05-15-16, 05:30 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Ohh i am way ahead of you i have been looking at the black pearl kit theres gotta some one who knows what i am talking about or who has seen that last.
Old 05-16-16, 02:34 AM
Fixman
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As the LS is not ment to be a sport care. Nore the customer base for the care are looking for flashy agrisev styling, the options on body kits are limited. And for a scope I think you will have to find what scoop can fit (may be one of the generic ones) Then figure how to mont it.
My advice is don't do that as it will not look good. The lines on the LS is not sporty at all. I think it will look like a ricer. Plus a scoop will defiantly hurt the airiwdaynamic of the care, increases drage, fuel consumption & nose.
That is my opinion, in the end it's your car & so do what you see fit.
Old 05-16-16, 07:25 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fixman
As the LS is not ment to be a sport care. Nore the customer base for the care are looking for flashy agrisev styling, the options on body kits are limited. And for a scope I think you will have to find what scoop can fit (may be one of the generic ones) Then figure how to mont it.
My advice is don't do that as it will not look good. The lines on the LS is not sporty at all. I think it will look like a ricer. Plus a scoop will defiantly hurt the airiwdaynamic of the care, increases drage, fuel consumption & nose.
That is my opinion, in the end it's your car & so do what you see fit.
No I i totally get and agree with what you are saying i am seeing if some one can help me find this ls i saw the middle section of the hood was raised about an inch maybe 2 and had a triangilar cut out on each side i am trying to see if i can find it. It was kinda like the cowl induction hoods on the mustand cobras.
Old 05-16-16, 09:18 AM
sushiboiii
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

most likely its going to have to be custom. since your on the east coast contact superstarcustoms.
Old 05-16-16, 09:05 PM
semar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

here is a suggestion how a scoop can look
Old 05-17-16, 06:57 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by semar
here is a suggestion how a scoop can look
I am the furthest thing from a ricer guy i drove mitsubishis not Honda's i actually chose the ls430 over doing a 800hp awd evo swapped 2005 eclipse. So anybody want to actually help like how much would a custom metal hood cost just raise the center bulge on the ls hood up an inch or two, $500-$1000?
Old 05-17-16, 03:26 PM
PolishDude
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Mitsubishi classify as ricers the same way Honda do if they are not done correctly, I think you can rice out anything if you put your heart into it lol. But anyways good luck, it would be a boring world if we all drove the same looking car.
Old 05-17-16, 05:04 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

I totally get the ricer comment but hondas are a lot cheaper then mitsubishis hence more riced out honda's. Everyone is doing the same thing with the ls430's man i have seen one turbo ls and then the ls-3 swapped ls thats it, i understand the cars are not surpas, 350z, and evo, s but you can put body kits, hoods, spoilers on with out making the car look like some fast and the furious reject its all about using the stock body lines and exaggerating them a bit, but hey this forum is a lot nicer then the club 3g one the facebook page is worse theres at least 8 homophobic slurs thrown about per 4 posts haha.
Old 05-17-16, 07:28 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

, this is classic.

OP, here's what I think. Scoops will fundamentally depend on the body kit and how that compliments the car in the first place. But on the other hand, as others were pointing out, the stock body really can't bare any more lines or retros on the hood, it will take away from some of the angles of the car, breaking rhythm.

-For example, the Central Pine LS430 demo car. You see how aggressive the hood is? That's only because it has crazy *** amount of camber along with a sick kit

So, it all gonna depend on the kit my man. Stock, no bueno.
Old 05-18-16, 06:20 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KING
, this is classic.

OP, here's what I think. Scoops will fundamentally depend on the body kit and how that compliments the car in the first place. But on the other hand, as others were pointing out, the stock body really can't bare any more lines or retros on the hood, it will take away from some of the angles of the car, breaking rhythm.

-For example, the Central Pine LS430 demo car. You see how aggressive the hood is? That's only because it has crazy *** amount of camber along with a sick kit

So, it all gonna depend on the kit my man. Stock, no bueno.
I totally agree i tried to post pictures of the black pearl kit but it won't let me for some reason. The hood is gonna look like a 97 mustang cobra hood the center portion is raised a tiny bit starting at the grill its normal but tapers to maybe an inch in height going towards the back....can you kinda envision what i am saying?
Old 05-18-16, 05:30 PM
semar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I can remember the 1965 Pontiac GTO had a very decent hood scoop
Also some Ford T birds looked good.
Keep in mind the hood scoop - unless it is filtered- will introduce a lot of dust and some debris into the engine compartment
Are you planning to hook it up to your intake?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket hoods/scoops