Glove box latch missing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 11:03 PM
Engel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glove box latch missing

Hi all.

I'm a newbie here, having just bought my first Lexus. It's a Glacier LS430 with beige interior, 11/2003 build. Immaculate. Love it!
Except......someone has lost the decorative cover which goes on the glovebox latch. The black plastic backing part which operates the latch is there, with 4 holes in it - obviously for the decorative cover to clip into, so I can open the box OK.
I've called wreckers - none around. I've called Lexus - $600 for a complete new glovebox.... Nup.
My question - (I realise nobody would wish to part with one of these) - is it likely or possible that the glovebox latch comes from the Toyota parts bin, and if so, what model would it be?
Alternately, does anyone know of a wrecked LS430 ANYWHERE in the world, with beige interior, which could give up one of these covers?

Also the ML CD plaver has died. Worked fine for the first day, then refuses to load. First symptom was that when you press the load button it would show red light instead of the usual green. Now no lights, no response at all.
I tried pulling the 2 Audio fuses in each front footwell fusebox, but that didn't work. In fact they mustn't have been the right ones, as the radio didn't lose any of its programming.
Any clues as to what other fuses I should try?

Thanks in advance.

Engel
Old 03-20-14, 12:28 PM
robbyboy32
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have sourced many hard to find parts for all the Toyotas we've owned and my 98 LS 400 by scouring car-part(dot)com. As for CD player, these threads may help you:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-01-lx430.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...vi-w-pics.html

Also, advice from fellow member Tazigdad: "Turn your stereo off. disconnect you battery for 3 to 5 minutes. Reconnect your battery, open your cd door, turn on your stereo and press the arrow button on the left to empty the changer. This is much easier then(than) taking the cd changer out."

Advice from Kira X: "I had this happen over the summer. I read on another Lexus forum that you can use an index card with a piece of double sided tape to pull the jammed disc out. It got my stuck CD out."

I had the stuck CD thing happen momentarily, but it eventually spit out the disc. Some CDs are not quite round on the edges, and some discs are thicker than others. Perhaps look at your disc closely or use google to find some ways to round the edges a little smoother. If it continues to happen on many different types of CD, then maybe your ML CD changer unit is bad.