Replaced filters for cooled seats... - Page 3 - Club Lexus Forums


Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006)
Log In 

Replaced filters for cooled seats...

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-13, 01:53 PM   #31
Yaff
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Quebec
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosr1 View Post
i wash my k&n filter.
K&N has one that fits under the seats? Waow!
Yaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-13, 06:28 PM   #32
Speedy321
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Pa
Posts: 20
Default 2008 is

Okay I went out today to find my infamous filters. NO luck!! I lifted the passenger seat and saw the system but no filter.

PLease show me what I am looking for!!

p.s.--I looked on page 74 in my manual and found nothing about my filter.
Speedy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-13, 08:09 AM   #33
jayclapp
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
jayclapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy321 View Post
Okay I went out today to find my infamous filters. NO luck!! I lifted the passenger seat and saw the system but no filter.

PLease show me what I am looking for!!

p.s.--I looked on page 74 in my manual and found nothing about my filter.
Your personal page shows that you have a 2008 IS250. If that's true, then you may not have seat cooling or filters. This is a LS430 forum. Please clarify your car so we can help you if possible.
__________________
2004 LS430 UL - silver, chrome grille, Auto Couture trunk spoiler, OEM mud guards, 7-spoke OEM chrome wheels. VaisTech SL2Vi
1992 SC400 - Original owner

BOOMER SOONER!
jayclapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 02:33 PM   #34
Bondo1968
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3
Talking After market Rotors and Pads

oes anyone have experience using after market rotors and pads on a 2005 Lexus LS 430? The OEM parts from Lexus are much more expensive.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
Bondo1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 02:58 PM   #35
Lust4Lexus
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Lust4Lexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 730
Default

Wrong thread my friend. And don't do it. Just pony up the money. Get them from Sewell. The car is too big and heavy to trust to some aftermarket cheapness. Not worth it at ALL.
Not to mention your gonna potentially look like a fool driving down the street in an LS with squeaky brakes. The OEM ones are nice and quiet and operate pretty well.
Lust4Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 04:35 PM   #36
jimbosr1
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
jimbosr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ga
Posts: 1,087
Default

i cant believe we are in post 35 on this topic
jimbosr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 05:13 PM   #37
BradTank
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BradTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 715
Default

I had no idea these things had seat filters, I thought it was just a feature on the UL models for the rear ventilation.

Mine was definitely full and was impacting airflow.

I actually think I'm just going to run without a filter for a while, I see very little benefit to it, it's just a simple fan blowing through a seat. I think the airflow will be a lot better without them altogether. I guess I'll just take my chances with whatever consequences.
BradTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 07:12 PM   #38
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 832
Default

Just my opinion -
I think it would be a bad idea to run without the filters. As you have pointed out, they do trap a significant amount of dust & dirt. So what will happen to the dust & dirt if the filter is removed?
It will collect in the next point of restriction. This will be the seat cushion etc. which is a lot more difficult to clean or replace than the filter element.
To be complete, we should identify the advantages of eliminating the filter.
1. It improves the air flow (temporarily - see above paragraph).
2. It eliminates the labor of periodic cleaning the element.
As an engineer, I would bet my money on the original Lexus design.
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 07:13 PM   #39
BMW7_LS430
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BMW7_LS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo1968 View Post
oes anyone have experience using after market rotors and pads on a 2005 Lexus LS 430? The OEM parts from Lexus are much more expensive.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
I have Monroe CX870 and CX871 Ceramic Premium Brake Pad Set. I just replaced the brakes and I did not resurface the rotors. I did have shudder issues. Rotors were warped. I resurfaced the rotors and all is well now.

Here are the links from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Monroe-CX871-Ceramic-Premium-Brake/dp/B0016J3DSU/ http://www.amazon.com/Monroe-CX871-Ceramic-Premium-Brake/dp/B0016J3DSU/

http://www.amazon.com/Monroe-CX870-Ceramic-Premium-Brake/dp/B0016J7KOI/ http://www.amazon.com/Monroe-CX870-Ceramic-Premium-Brake/dp/B0016J7KOI/
__________________
____________________________________________
Custom Luxury Mercury Metallic LS430 with Black Interior


Fram Sure Drain Valve for sale on classifieds http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gene...rain-plug.html
BMW7_LS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 08:24 PM   #40
Bondo1968
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3
Default Under seat air conditioning filter

Here is the part number for those interested in replacing them. Sewell wants $22.40 plus shipping.
Bondo1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 09:02 PM   #41
BradTank
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BradTank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene01 View Post
Just my opinion -
I think it would be a bad idea to run without the filters. As you have pointed out, they do trap a significant amount of dust & dirt. So what will happen to the dust & dirt if the filter is removed?
It will collect in the next point of restriction. This will be the seat cushion etc. which is a lot more difficult to clean or replace than the filter element.
To be complete, we should identify the advantages of eliminating the filter.
1. It improves the air flow (temporarily - see above paragraph).
2. It eliminates the labor of periodic cleaning the element.
As an engineer, I would bet my money on the original Lexus design.
The problem is the filter almost makes the dirt more of an issue than if nothing was there. And it's not really a lot of dirt, but the small filter means it's completely clogged up the system. And I'd be willing to bet there's more dried up flakes of seat foam in the ducts then whatever small amount of dust this "HEPA" level filter picked up.

And don't for a minute think that Lexus doesn't like to have one more "dealer only" part you have to perodically replace. And $60 to replace both of them, for a filter that should cost about 50 cents? The dealer probably charges over a $100 to do both seats.

At the end of the day, the ventilated seats are worthless in my opinion. If for some freak reason not running a filter shortens the life of basically a simple fan, oh well. No great loss. I'm not dumping $60 a year into maintaining it, and I need to refoam the seats anyway. Somehow all of my electrical equipment (computer, printer, Tivo, Dvd player, etc) seems to be doing just fine having a fan run without a filter.

I just think it's a little overkill for this application.

Last edited by BradTank; 07-30-13 at 10:08 PM.
BradTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 08:17 AM   #42
jayclapp
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
jayclapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradTank View Post
The problem is the filter almost makes the dirt more of an issue than if nothing was there. And it's not really a lot of dirt, but the small filter means it's completely clogged up the system. And I'd be willing to bet there's more dried up flakes of seat foam in the ducts then whatever small amount of dust this "HEPA" level filter picked up.

And don't for a minute think that Lexus doesn't like to have one more "dealer only" part you have to perodically replace. And $60 to replace both of them, for a filter that should cost about 50 cents? The dealer probably charges over a $100 to do both seats.

At the end of the day, the ventilated seats are worthless in my opinion. If for some freak reason not running a filter shortens the life of basically a simple fan, oh well. No great loss. I'm not dumping $60 a year into maintaining it, and I need to refoam the seats anyway. Somehow all of my electrical equipment (computer, printer, Tivo, Dvd player, etc) seems to be doing just fine having a fan run without a filter.

I just think it's a little overkill for this application.
Since you don't like the seat cooling, just don't turn them on.
__________________
2004 LS430 UL - silver, chrome grille, Auto Couture trunk spoiler, OEM mud guards, 7-spoke OEM chrome wheels. VaisTech SL2Vi
1992 SC400 - Original owner

BOOMER SOONER!
jayclapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 08:39 AM   #43
Lavrishevo
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 3,666
Default

I just ordered a full set for the front, back, and side seal. Lexus of South Atlanta is beating Sewell's prices. Below is what I paid. My rear cabin filter is super expensive. Over $145 Glad I don't need to replace it.

Front
FILTER, AIR, No.1
8892150010
Quantity:
2
Price:
$23.44

Rear
FILTER AIR
8892250010
Quantity:
2
Price:
$4.49

Rear Sill Filter
FILTER, AIR
8892350010
Quantity:
2
Price:
$1.76
3 products, 6 items:
$59.38
Shipping & Handling - Local Pickup:
$0.00
Sales Tax:
$4.16
Total
:
$63.54
__________________
2004 LS430 UL
1999 LS400

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 07-31-13 at 10:47 AM.
Lavrishevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-13, 10:02 AM   #44
votru
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (7)
 
votru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 518
Send a message via Skype™ to votru
Default

I'm also order a complete sets - 8 filters total for UL: glove box, rear/trunk, 2 front seat, 2 rear seat, and 2 rear sill. Will post pictures once arrive and their location ect.
__________________
Eat good, sleep well, drink beer.....life is simple, enjoy .
votru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 11:08 AM   #45
SLLTO
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ontario
Posts: 56
Default

i will be replaceing this filter when i clean my car next which is hopfully today
SLLTO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Imagine the LF LC concept as a SC production model DOC4LEX Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology 9 04-07-15 09:34 AM
Seats - Ventilated or actually cooled RedBean RC F (2015-present) 3 12-25-14 06:27 AM
Molten Pearl with Loma Wheels DOC4LEX RC F (2015-present) 14 10-05-14 09:19 AM
cool box vancouverl LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 10 02-10-14 02:54 PM
AC seats not so cool tkalal LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 9 01-02-14 05:21 PM


Tags
2004, 2008, 250, 8892150010filter, air, check, conditioned, cooling, filter, filters, lexus, ls430, ls460, replacing, seat, seats

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Copyright © 2000-2015 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS