LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

UAS over BC Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 04:17 AM
asdf0123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UAS over BC Racing Coilovers

I've read a few in the past about different setups people are running and it seems as if bags over coils seem to be the favor and overall flexibility. I have an 04 lexus ls430 and it dawn on me on a few different matters and brought up some questions if I can get some experts to answer for me....

My installation is being formed in a few days...and I was wanting to know:
1. What settings should I have them tune my dampering to? (32 adjustables I believe they are set to max out the box?)
2. I am planning on riding low in general even though I am on air
3. I daily my car

Any help I would greatly appreciate it!!
Old 01-22-13, 06:20 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

honeslty its best to tell them to leave the rear seat out and set everything to half way. Let you come over and drive the car and you can adjust it to your spec. Just remember once you agree on a certain setting on the rear the seat is a pita to remove just to adjust the dampning. I have uas bags over megan coils on my sc and i ride 60% inflated most of the time my dampning is set on 8 clicks from the hardest, on the slammed setting i'm at about 35% inflated and its pretty soft even for a coupe with small tire. Just have to see and feel for yourself, whats rough/soft for you might not feel the same to the other person.
Old 01-22-13, 06:15 PM
asdf0123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
honeslty its best to tell them to leave the rear seat out and set everything to half way. Let you come over and drive the car and you can adjust it to your spec. Just remember once you agree on a certain setting on the rear the seat is a pita to remove just to adjust the dampning. I have uas bags over megan coils on my sc and i ride 60% inflated most of the time my dampning is set on 8 clicks from the hardest, on the slammed setting i'm at about 35% inflated and its pretty soft even for a coupe with small tire. Just have to see and feel for yourself, whats rough/soft for you might not feel the same to the other person.
I see.. it's a little harder considering I'm traveling from KS to TX for this install..I just want to be as prepared..I think I got enough insight.my last setup I had on coilovers I ran a little stiffer..and seem to be perfect for my preference considering I was pretty low.