LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus factory jack

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-11, 11:57 AM
Gil Smash
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus factory jack

I broke the washer thing that connects to my jack where you put the hook to turn it a while ago and without thinking about how easy it would have been to fix it I threw it away. Now I need a new one and they have alot on eBay but they are all for other models besides the LS430. I was wondering if anyone had experience with whether or not they are interchangable. I realize that the stock jacks arent very good for actual car work but I just need a new one because whats the point of a full size spare if you cant get it on
Old 01-02-11, 05:20 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'd be better off getting a small floor jack. Don't know if other jacks u stated will work, them fac Jacks r a joke. Even for emergency use only.
Old 01-03-11, 05:55 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by 666ogre666
I broke the washer thing that connects to my jack where you put the hook to turn it a while ago and without thinking about how easy it would have been to fix it I threw it away. Now I need a new one and they have a lot on eBay but they are all for other models besides the LS430. I was wondering if anyone had experience with whether or not they are interchangeable. I realize that the stock jacks aren't very good for actual car work but I just need a new one because whats the point of a full size spare if you cant get it on
Call a local junk yard. You'll get the right one at a fraction of the retail price. Alternatively try carparts.com. Look for a LKQ listing. They liquidate parts from salvage yards nationwide.

Randy B
Old 01-03-11, 06:05 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

if my memory is correct any toyota factory jack should work and i know the camry/ avalon ones were the same for a few years straight from like 02-07 or so.
Old 01-04-11, 09:17 PM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

I don't know if they are interchangeable, but this thread shows the part numbers: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...k-failure.html

Cross-reference the part numbers with the online parts stores at https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...tanvandam.html and see if any Toyota vehicles share the same part numbers. Some Lexus part numbers work on Toyota searches, some are Lexus-only.
Old 01-05-11, 05:25 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GLIDESUL
You'd be better off getting a small floor jack. Don't know if other jacks u stated will work, them fac Jacks r a joke. Even for emergency use only.
+ 1! Once you get one, you will see what a PITA the factory jack is to deal with vs a sm floor jack.
Old 01-05-11, 06:01 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i got a really nice cheapo floor jack which is awesome by the way for like $50 at any auto parts store,, only bad thing is that it weights like 60 lbs. and it is rather large in its case, so large that i really don't like riding around with it in my trunk cuz of the added weight and the fact that it is taking up like 5% of my trunk space and slides around
Old 01-05-11, 06:45 AM
Tee

Mine is in a carring case strapped down with to the floor with a cargo net that came with the car, works great and I don't use my trunk a lot accept for groceries.
Old 01-05-11, 08:05 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

mines is in a case too, its like 8x10x24 weights about 55 lbs. i have the net too but i don't ever use it, its tucked away in my spare tire compt. my speaker box takes up about 25% of my trunk space as it is so i feel like anything extra that doesn't have to be there is more of a burden. my factory jack is a little jacked and hard as hell to turn and i have been debating ordering a replacement camry one from ebay for a little while now. this guy was selling the whole kit for $30, i emailed him and offered just $20 for the scissor jack alone and he turned it down so that was that.
Old 01-05-11, 10:29 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by sojah
mines is in a case too, its like 8x10x24 weights about 55 lbs. i have the net too but i don't ever use it, its tucked away in my spare tire compt. my speaker box takes up about 25% of my trunk space as it is so i feel like anything extra that doesn't have to be there is more of a burden. my factory jack is a little jacked and hard as hell to turn and i have been debating ordering a replacement camry one from ebay for a little while now. this guy was selling the whole kit for $30, i emailed him and offered just $20 for the scissor jack alone and he turned it down so that was that.
I understand your thoughts about not having it in the trunk BUT kinda defeats the purpose of changing a flat tire with the quickness?! If you catch a flat and your jack is at hm, you will be pissed when start messing around with that POS jack! You know a flat never happens at the right time i.e. cold, rain, pitch black etc at least that has been my experience.
Old 01-05-11, 10:43 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yes, it never happens when its convenient is for sure. my scissor jack somehow got a little bent which is why it is so damn difficult to turn and the last time i was on the side of the highway changing a flat (stretched tire came unstretched actually) i must have had a lot of adrenaline cuz i jacked that thing up in record time and was on my way.

i once changed out a 20x10 wheel that weighed like 75lbs on the side of 95 during rush hour with a stock jack in a suit in about 10 mins flat without even getting dirty and barely breaking a sweat. now that i was proud of
Old 01-05-11, 10:48 AM
Tee

Ok show off, you are now ready show dem boys up in the NASCAR pits! LOL! Sounds like you got it under control.
Old 01-06-11, 04:37 AM
fergo308
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any toyota factory jack will do as a replacement. I personally suggest you get one from a junk yard. Should be almost free,I doubt they often get asked for them. they're the sort of thing that ends up going to scrap metal along with the bare shell.
I've personally thrown out at least half a dozen over the years.

Best effort I've ever seen for someone changing a tyre was to drive the damaged corner onto a housebrick,then make a pile of more housebricks under the sill. the guy then knifed the sidewall of the damaged tyre,removed it,pulled the housebrick out from under the hub,fitted the spare,and then pushed the car off of the pile of housebricks that were holding it up.
True ghetto style...

Justin...
Old 01-06-11, 04:44 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i don't exactly have the ***** or ingenuity to try something like that ^ ^ ^

this past summer i was using my scissor jack for the last time on some new-ish black top in about 102 degree weather and my car fell off the jack... that is when i went and bought the floor jack. the e break was on but the jack melted through the black top about 4 inches, not cool, not cool at all.
Old 01-11-11, 02:36 PM
Gil Smash
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your saying just get some bricks instead? Haha but yea my problem is I want something I can always have with me that doesnt take up trunk space. Ill go with a junkyard stock jack. Thanks guys