LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

air suspension conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-16, 11:33 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

D2 Racing makes an awesome new air ride kit for this car. There new double ply patented design air bags are great and reliable and guaranteed an incredible smooth ride.
1-855-998-8726
Old 09-19-16, 07:24 AM
zbs60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS430 Air Suspension to Megan Coilovers Q!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I haven't been on here in a while (years) and can't figure out to save my life how to start a new thread! lol ...

Anyway, here's my quick question for all of you who have made the switch from the LS430 air suspension to coilovers, and specifically the Megan EZ IIs (or EZ);

I'm planning on making the conversion from the factory air suspension on my '06 LS430 UL to Megan EZ II coilovers, but the tech who I want to install them doesn't think that just buying the coilovers from Megan will be enough to do a conversion on a car that was equipped with the air suspension instead of just regular shocks and struts. He thinks that in order to install the Megan coilovers on an air-suspension LS, that I will need some other parts or "conversion kit" to make the coilovers "fit-up right." So in your experience, if I buy just the coilovers from Megan, will they come with everything I will need to install them and make them fit on my car correctly in the space where the old air suspension parts were fitting? Or do I also need to buy some other parts, or a "kit" to install these things and make them fit right?

Thanks guys, I don't want to make an expensive wrong move here but need to get these things ordered ASAP. My poor LS is riding like a log truck ... ; (

Z.
Old 09-19-16, 11:06 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by zbs60
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I haven't been on here in a while (years) and can't figure out to save my life how to start a new thread! lol ...

Anyway, here's my quick question for all of you who have made the switch from the LS430 air suspension to coilovers, and specifically the Megan EZ IIs (or EZ);

I'm planning on making the conversion from the factory air suspension on my '06 LS430 UL to Megan EZ II coilovers, but the tech who I want to install them doesn't think that just buying the coilovers from Megan will be enough to do a conversion on a car that was equipped with the air suspension instead of just regular shocks and struts. He thinks that in order to install the Megan coilovers on an air-suspension LS, that I will need some other parts or "conversion kit" to make the coilovers "fit-up right." So in your experience, if I buy just the coilovers from Megan, will they come with everything I will need to install them and make them fit on my car correctly in the space where the old air suspension parts were fitting? Or do I also need to buy some other parts, or a "kit" to install these things and make them fit right?

Thanks guys, I don't want to make an expensive wrong move here but need to get these things ordered ASAP. My poor LS is riding like a log truck ... ; (

Z.
It will be a direct bolt on. You will not require any additional parts.

We also have those coilovers in stock if you are interested.
1-855-998-8726
Old 09-26-16, 05:01 AM
Seancott
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls 430 air to c/o conversion

Originally Posted by zbs60

I'm planning on making the conversion from the factory air suspension on my '06 LS430 UL to Megan EZ II coilovers,

but the tech who I want to install them doesn't think that just buying the coilovers from Megan will be enough to do a conversion on a car that was equipped with the air suspension instead of just regular shocks and struts. He thinks that in order to install the Megan coilovers on an air-suspension LS, that I will need some other parts or "conversion kit" to make the coilovers "fit-up right." So in your experience, if I buy just the coilovers from Megan, will they come with everything I will need to install them and make them fit on my car correctly in the space where the old air suspension parts were fitting? Or do I also need to buy some other parts, or a "kit" to install these things and make them fit right?

Z.

Not sure about the 06 but for my 01 UL I didn't need 💩 Extra. I had to swap my radiator recent with one from roc auto. And when I had the battery unplugged for some reason. The CHECK VSC light comes on Everytime now. I don't need it though cause I live in Vegas where it hardly ever rains. We drove it back and forth to Riverside Ca and San Diego with zero issues with the suspension at all. As of today the car rides awesome still not sure how long it's been but there's well over 5k miles on the Megan's Good luck.
Old 09-26-16, 08:12 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

The OP got these from us last week so he should be chiming in soon
1-855-998-8726