LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS Enjoyment!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-10, 01:56 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default LS Enjoyment!

Since buying my LS430, I haven't looked forward to taking drives like this since I bought my first Vette. This car makes me smile - especially when I don't have to worry about GM reliability.
Old 04-18-10, 03:10 PM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your exactly right. Last july I drove 1324 miles straight through from Pa to Fl towing a trailer with a motorcycle on it. The car was so damn comfortable I just drove it straight through to the house. Nothing like cruising down the interstate at 1AM wth the A/C blasting the sun (moon) roof open all the way and the Stones blasting on the ML system. Oh what a night..to paraphrase the 4 seasons.
Old 04-18-10, 03:22 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

I feel that way whenever we take ours to LA, and the best part is that we do it in a car dropped 4', and its still smooth!
Old 04-18-10, 07:32 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

This is an excellent long trip car. Its so comfortable and quiet that i once drove 300 miles and didnt get tired at all. I just wish I had the Dynamic Cruise Control for the long trips........but it doesnt bother me much since I rarely go on road trips
Old 04-18-10, 07:38 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

We drove down to Ft Worth this afternoon - it was cold, dreary, rainy day (for Texas) and I was struck by how safe and comfortable we felt in the car. The auto wipers worked perfectly. The auto climate system kept us warm and comfortable so much so as we totally forget about fogging windows, drafts etc of a typical car. The LS really does isolate you from the extremes, but in a good way so you can enjoy the drive.
Old 04-18-10, 07:48 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, I have taken the Norfolk/Va Beach to New York City trip for business a few times and can say when I do that it is a smooth ride and I never get tired. Driving to Baltimore and D.C from here(Norfolk/Va Beach) is a ease! Im happy I have the car I have now. The Euro makes have a more exciting drive but, the LS has been reliable besides a few early TSB's and regular wear and tear.

No issues since my warranty went out in 2006! AMAZING! Great car to own for a long period of time. Glad I decided this was the car I would own for years! L.G.N.M
Old 04-18-10, 07:58 PM
Ventura
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay Caddy owner I am new to the 430 also. I just came home from a 600 plus road trip from the LA area to Las Vegas. Great road car but I have to say my Lincoln Mark VIII’s seats are more comfortable on a long drive. How does the 430 compare to you Cad?
Old 04-18-10, 08:11 PM
derpie
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by honeygee2
Your exactly right. Last july I drove 1324 miles straight through from Pa to Fl towing a trailer with a motorcycle on it. The car was so damn comfortable I just drove it straight through to the house. Nothing like cruising down the interstate at 1AM wth the A/C blasting the sun (moon) roof open all the way and the Stones blasting on the ML system. Oh what a night..to paraphrase the 4 seasons.
Hey what kind of hitch did u decide to go with I was thinking of doing they same exact thing instead of pulling with a suv ?
Old 04-18-10, 09:13 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Hey gals/guys, I know this is corny but, we live in a great country. Not a perfect one, the USA has had its issues. That said, how great is it were we see used cars as a decision when in other countries any car is a dream come true. The opportunity alone is a dream for humans in other countries. Heck, I'm in one of my appreciate what I am fortunte to have moods. HAHAHAHA!

Speaking about the ease of the ride made me think how this is a topic when in other places the Lexus of any type(ES/GS/IS/SC/LS) would be a dream come true. Ok, back to the topic at hand, the LS is the best when it comes to long rides. I can only compare to 1 car as far as long trips, I mean 2. My GS, well the 3 I owned and my two Benzes. The Benz to me has a funny AC/Heat system, it works but, the Lexus system is better, to me! The ride of the S-Class Benz is well known. Sporty and plenty fun to drive. Dont feel tired riding in the car but , the seats werent as comfy, they are nice on the backside but, I give the LS the edge as well as the GS,

To my surprise the ML Benz truck was comfy. Was a louder sounding ride but, for an SUV hey, it was as car like as can be and Benz sporty on long trips. Dont have either Benz now but, fun while they lasted. I would have to put my Benz truck ride over the S-Class because the seats were better than the sedan. The gas mileage wasnt cool but, hey, the ride made up for that! The LS to me was the best but, the radio couldnt compare to the Benz truck or the S-Class'! The GS' Nakamichi was the best. Lexus never should have gotten rid of it. The Mark Levinson to me is over valued. Its good but, the system goes out to quick, namely the speakers blew at just over 50,000. I was told it wasnt covered under warranty! All in All Im grateful to have lived an experienced all I have and driving the LS or any car is great. The USA is a great place to LIVE! L.G.N.M
Old 04-18-10, 09:28 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I made two trips from Kentucky to Florida and back in my LS430 since February. Wouldn't think to take a different car down.
Old 04-19-10, 12:02 AM
snakehead
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been driving my Nissan truck 300,000 mi for 20 years , I have gone through Audi A4 ko4 turbo slammed on rims , 2 Drift cars S14,S13 , KA, Sr20Det , Elcamino 400 block , ford crown victoria.etc..
What the heck was i thinking.. The LS glides on air, has nice v8 power and handles nice with the sport package and DF210 springs. I should of bought this car a long time ago. I could of owned 3 with the money i spent on the rest.
Its in a class of its own.
Old 04-19-10, 12:34 AM
LS617
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was definitely my first choice for my long road trip to LA.
Old 04-19-10, 04:16 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We took our LS late 2008 to run down to Disney from NJ. It was a super smooth and quiet ride and honestly, we're not sure why we didn't take our RX. I think the car was new to us then and we just wanted to test her out on a long haul. We're going back this Nov. to Disney, but this time we're going to go with our RX to save the miles on the LS. Don't want to tack on another 2000+ miles.

We'll see how the RX compares, but I already know the fuel savings won't be as much as I got 26 mpg for my trip and the RX is currently giving 20 mpg at best. The ride will be louder too, but the kids are older and we need the extra room in the back to store things.

The only vehicle I've ever had for any extended period of time that I can compare the LS to, and it's not even really comparable, is an '82 Cadillac Brougham that I had for about three months to drive. It was big, it was powerful, and rode like it was a land boat. It was nowhere as smooth or quiet, but I would say the same "ride" feel.
Old 04-19-10, 05:55 AM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

I wanna take the long way almost every where i go. Racking up them miles in comfort.
Old 04-19-10, 09:02 AM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by derpie
Hey what kind of hitch did u decide to go with I was thinking of doing they same exact thing instead of pulling with a suv ?
Heres what i got..works great....car has a 2000# towing capacity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories

Instaled complete by a local dealer with complete wiring $400 bucks

Quick Reply: LS Enjoyment!