LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Help please: Check Park Sonar??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 01:04 PM
MamiLS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help please: Check Park Sonar??

I am hoping someone can offer some assistance.

I just endured the ice storm that hit Arkansas/Missouri. When I was driving home Monday afternoon the front of my car was a mass of ice. I noticed that my park assist light came on. I figured it was because of the ice.

Well today I finally started the car, as I can't get out of my gargage or driveway (solid ice to the top of road). The ice is melted, but the light is still on. It flashes the red triangle and beeps.

It didn't have this problems before the ice storm. I undertand you can clean them??? How? I turned it off, but I am one that likes to use the park assist.

Hope someone out there can tell me what I need to do. I am going stir crazy and need to get out of this house...maybe tomorrow when it thaws a little more.

Thanks in advance.

Lucy
Old 01-30-09, 03:25 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so obviously you turned it off like you said, but if you are out of your garage like in your wide open driveway or a wide open road if you put it in park and then turn it back on then does it fix the problem.

mine did this as well 2 days ago because of ice too. after the ice had all melted i just turned it on and it looked like since nothing was to close that it reset the proximity stuff. mine is cool now. i guess just make sure that nothing is still there like dirt or ice and then reset it a few times... gl & sorry i don't have a better solution.
Old 01-30-09, 05:26 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

My right back corner sensor did the same thing last week, no ice was involved but it was cold. I check the sensor and did not see any dirt, i wiped the sensor clean, yet still red triangle. I tried turning the park assist on and off, then turning the ignition on and off with no glory. Got sick of trying to solve the issue and left it for next day, well that morning cranked the car up and no warning flashing triangle! It has been over a week now with no issue, maybe it car had to do a internal reset when checking the systems. Whatever happen i'm glad it working again.
Old 01-31-09, 05:43 AM
lxus4xms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MamiLS430
I am hoping someone can offer some assistance.

I just endured the ice storm that hit Arkansas/Missouri. When I was driving home Monday afternoon the front of my car was a mass of ice. I noticed that my park assist light came on. I figured it was because of the ice.

Well today I finally started the car, as I can't get out of my gargage or driveway (solid ice to the top of road). The ice is melted, but the light is still on. It flashes the red triangle and beeps.

It didn't have this problems before the ice storm. I undertand you can clean them??? How? I turned it off, but I am one that likes to use the park assist.

Hope someone out there can tell me what I need to do. I am going stir crazy and need to get out of this house...maybe tomorrow when it thaws a little more.

Thanks in advance.

Lucy

Lucy wash the sensors with warm water then dry them with a air dryer . It could be moisture that turned to ice in behing the plastic sheilds