LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

ecu. help. what and where to buy transistors

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-15, 08:43 PM
tylergrins
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu. help. what and where to buy transistors

T 786 is the number next to transistor on ecu circuit board. I need to know where u buy these at or have to order them. Its off a 95 ls400 completely burned and broke apart won't allow me to upload pics. Its a tiny black box with 3 of the spots to solder on one side and only one on the other.hoping this is the reason for running like crap. Thanks in advance
Old 05-12-15, 03:21 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

The T number is what number it is on the board, it would not be the identification of the item. You have to look for id numbers on the piece itself. And likely the same place you get the capacitors from would also have that.
A bad capacitor likely ruined it.
If you had the information on the circuit boards you could readily id it. That is my big gripe about all the little black boxes in all cars etc now days.

Last edited by dicer; 05-12-15 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-13-15, 05:36 AM
SonicC
Rookie

Radio Shack?

Few years back I owned a DSM that had some leaky capacitors on the ECU. Ended up finding the replacements at Radio Shack.
Old 05-13-15, 12:35 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts

If you have the transistor specs contacting a local electronics parts supplier or calling up/looking through Digikey's site would be my suggestion. http://www.digikey.com/

Radio Shack has a new owner, hard to say what that store will be. The electronic parts was becoming less and less of their stock. You can give them a call and you'll probably have to explain what a transistor is to the sales person.
Old 06-13-15, 07:40 PM
tylergrins
Driver School Candidate

Default fixed!! but not fixed??

Originally Posted by RA40
If you have the transistor specs contacting a local electronics parts supplier or calling up/looking through Digikey's site would be my suggestion. http://www.digikey.com/

Radio Shack has a new owner, hard to say what that store will be. The electronic parts was becoming less and less of their stock. You can give them a call and you'll probably have to explain what a transistor is to the sales person.

Went to radio shack no help and same with a big name electronic place here called Eliot electric. Any ways they told me there is nothing the can do for me capacitors yes because of having I'd numbers on them but transistor or transformer what ever it may be is in findable. Apparently Lexus doesn't provide a schematic for helping with that. I ended up purchasing a refurbished ecu and that still didn't fix my problem of running rich.actually my car wouldnt even start. It would turn over but no start.For some stupid reason I never thought to check fuses under hood. I found dome light fuse and efi fuse was out new about dome but not efi. Anyways replaced it car still wouldn't start.decided to call it a night get car drivable again and put old ecu with burnt parts and caps that look to be going bad. But it ran great from then on. I have no idea what those two burnt pieces do but every things works perfect again. Weird ****. Thanks for help though guys!
Old 06-14-15, 07:40 AM
Yamae
Forum Moderator

Received 902 Likes on 682 Posts

Originally Posted by tylergrins
. I have no idea what those two burnt pieces do but every things works perfect again. Weird ****. Thanks for help though guys!
May be I can give you some idea about the function of the burnt pieces. To make it possible, you need to inform me the connector pins where those burnt pieces are connected.

Incidentally did you read the failure codes?