Back in 09 got into an accident and body shop blew my motor with only 64000 miles on it!!!
He refunded all the money that they put into the car so I decided to start rebuilding the car myself
Before the accident
After the Accident
The car was running but there was this knocking sound which was getting on my nerves so me and a friend of mine took the car to his shop and tore everything apart to get that part fixed.
We got ran into one problem, we did not know how to do a full valve adjustment. So we took of the head and sent it to a machine shop for a full rebuild
Heads LH & RH
Then a day before we were going to put the engine back together I decided now is a good time to degrease the engine and clean up the gunk and carbon buildup on the cylinder walls and piston heads.
When I was cleaning them on the passenger side one of the pistons had a beautiful gash in it! I was about to cry, now more work has to be done. Now i have to remove the block send it to the machine shop and see if there is anything else wrong with the block besides piston head, and while am at it going to tell the machine shop so clean up the block
Future Plans for the Car
- If I have to get the Pistons Replaced I am going to replace it with Lextreme's Forged Piston and Rod Combo Kit
- Timing Belt Kit
- Spark Plugs
- Ignition Coils
- Motor & Transmission Mounts
- Rear Main Seal & Oil Pump SealNow My Question(s)
1. Am I forgetting anything to replace since the car is torn apart?
2. Any performance mods I can do. ( No SC or TC for now
3. How much power can the block take just case I change my mind about forced induction?
Any Advice or Suggestion would be greatly Appreciated and Thank you in Advance
I AM FIANLLY DONE STARTED THE CAR ON SUNDAY WITH THE 3 RESONATORS AND MUFFLERS OFF