LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Reset CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-01, 09:18 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reset CD Changer

Got my LS fixed yesterday, but my CD changer is not working today. Its not reading the disc. It has ERROR messege. How do i reset the Changer beside unplugging the battery? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-03-01, 10:37 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the only way is to unplug the battery our take out take out the center console of the LS and unplug the outlets in the back and leave them off for a while.

Hey David any other mods other than a SuperCharger for the LS?

David you need to come to our Teamlexstacy meets,especially if your LS has a blown up engine.
Old 10-03-01, 11:21 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Default Supercharged

Eric,

I would love to come to your meetings. WHEN, WHERE. I just got this cruiser two days a go. I love it. Its smooth, quite, fast and so on. As far power, I still love me cobra. Cobra is for the weekend.

I would like to maintaince the smooth and confort ride of LS, but i just want to "go fast on it" Its a 1990 (not 91). The seller lie to me.

I am calling around for a SC (supercharger) Do u know any?

thanks
Old 10-03-01, 11:26 AM
Captain_kewl
Driver School Candidate

Dude,
You loaded your CD's upside down (actually they are in with the label facing you). Try turning the CD's so the "media" side is facing you and see if you don't get some results.

Captain
Old 10-03-01, 11:33 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

i was working before the fix. all cds' lables are facing down
Old 10-03-01, 09:12 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Man,as for Superchargers they will need to be imported from japan for sure.TDI and C-West are the only ones I know.Also another option is the 4.7 liter stroker kit they have in japan as well.Yes the LS is smooth and very powerful at high speeds but at stoplights it is quite sluggish,but a torque converter can change all that it will drop you quarter mile time probably a .5 sec.

I can get you a importer if you need one.

Our Teamlexstacy/Clublexus meets are every last weekend of every month friday and saturday.It is a great time to see other modded Lexus cars and to meet other members in person and get to know them in a social level.
Old 10-04-01, 09:40 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Default cd

I tried to disconnect the cd changer (actually the battery) for about 4-5 minutes, it did not reset. the preset radio stations are still the same. So, i disconnect the battery over night. Guess what IT WORKS, but not for long. after few cd changes, the ERROR messege goes on again.

Now what?

Supercharger:
I checked out TDI. The money exchange is not too favorible to US currency. I emailed them and its about $7500 in US currency. That is high for a SC, but i am looking around companies in the United States such as ATI, Vortech, Paxton and powerdyne. The head unit is about $2200-$2400. Its a matter of finding a custom made bracket for it.

I think i will be going that route. Do u know what is the stock compression ratio for the 90 LS? Piston are forged?

I want to make a sleeper LS 400. Torque converter? Interested. How much?
Old 10-04-01, 02:50 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Torque converters can be bought at
http://www.rodmillen.com
http://www.swiftracing.com

I would go with Swift though,Rod Millen do not really have a good rep.

I think it is $500-$800 dollars.

Man $7500 for the TDI forget,Man I am kinda tepmted on the ATI,Baxton,Vortech and Powerdyne for around 2500.

But I do not know how much my 137K mile enigne can handle it with a SC.
Old 10-04-01, 05:28 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

you can always rebuild your engine with better and stronger after your pistons, rings or rod gave up. But again, how many LS 400 cruiser you know can run low 12? or even high 11s. If you want to play, you have to pay.
Old 10-04-01, 06:38 PM
Captain_kewl
Driver School Candidate

There are two little holes (one on the control (in the cabin) and one on the CD chnager itself. You need to use a push pin to hit the reset in each. You will need to do both to reset the player. If that does not work, start looking for a new changer.
Old 10-04-01, 07:42 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Looks like we have the same aspirations David.

My car right now is all show and a little go.But yes it would be awesome to have a 12 second cruiser.I would love to make mines a rocket sedan one of these days.
Old 10-05-01, 09:00 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Eric and Qiro,

how is your ride. Is it rough after the shock and springs changes? I would like to find out. I have air ride suspension. Any comment on after market suspensions?
Old 10-05-01, 09:44 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

I do not think there is a way to lower your car with springs without major changes to the suspension.

But there was a to lower your car by detaching somthin on the air suspension which would lower it like 2.5 inches.As for the ride I do not know David my car is not lowered because I do not want a hard to time over bumps with my bodykit.
Old 10-05-01, 10:18 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Notoruis changer problems with the Lexus!!!! If it will not reset or have you tried a cleaning kit? Then as was mentioned it may be time for a new one!!!
Old 10-08-01, 05:50 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

after few resets, it still not working. So took my car to a local stereo shop. They will replace my reader (reads the cd) for $150. Hopefully everthing will be ok soon. At the same time, i also asked them to take a look at my front left speaker. They replaced an INFINITY SPEAKER instead of NAKA. Oh well, at least it sounds better.

Quick Reply: Reset CD Changer