LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

RSR Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-04, 02:58 AM
johnnyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live just north of Regensburg, about an hour or so north of Munich by my speed.

I'm going to start looking at some of the local leather crafters around here and probably in Czech. I'm hoping maybe I can find somebody who can add some type of lateral support without taking too much away from the appearance of the interior. I could do 5-points or something drastic like that but I would rather not. I'm looking for somebody who could do a craft job on my seats...I seem to recall quite a few shops in So-Cal and TJ that probably had the talent. It may have to wait until I can get back to the states. That would however be a shame given the driving I can do here.

I definately think that the improvements made in handling are well worth it. The one thing that actually swayed me back to the CS and the lengthy delivery, was that I could do the EDFC at a later time. Probably will be more important feature once I think about getting back to the states.

Never actually been to Gauting. I think it is somewhere near Munich? Maybe just south? I commute to Garmisch a lot where my wife and kids live and think I have gone past...Don't miss the opportunity if you can do it. Plus, Oktoberfest is coming up. Southern Germany especially is well worth the trip. Plus, there are all those Autobahns to try out...
Old 09-06-04, 11:49 AM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts

I just returned from Sonoma and the Bay area...let me tell you the car found nearly every pot hole I could imagine...or so it seemed. Every XX feet the wife was saying what was that?! The alignment held but to hear the suspension protest like that.

I was looking through a Japanese car rag VIP Style and in there Junction Produce has a wired remote controlled seat that looks to offer additional support. No doubt lots of $$. The seats in our cars are great for cruising but not for spirited driving. Keep us posted.

How long a tour do you have there?
Old 09-06-04, 10:12 PM
johnnyc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you got significant change with the sway bar? Other than stiffening the ride, what other noticed improvements did you get out of it? It looked from your pictures it was pretty robust piece of metal.

Another year or so. Spent most of last year...well, not here, in a much more dusty region of the world. Not quite as friendly.

John
Old 09-07-04, 12:11 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts

John-

The rear bar is not in yet...if I can arrange some time with Todd, we'll do the bushing upgrade then install the bar to compare. I'm really hoping that if we get the bar thing ironed out, Daizen might consider making one for us. I dunno how responsive they may be as I don'tthink the 20/21 owners will generate enough demand. Even down under I dunno if enough Celsior owners would be able to get Whiteline to make a run. Dunno.

Dusty...brrrr.