LFA Model (2012)

The best LFA owner (#003)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 10:02 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default The best LFA owner (#003)

Roy giving an injured kid a ride in his LFA. This guy is truly amazing.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-17-12 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-16-12, 10:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

amazing guy, fantastic!

i never looked into history of the owner, but he owns yamaha music company?

Last edited by rominl; 04-16-12 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-16-12, 02:32 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for the vid Rolla, things have been getting a bit slow in LFA world again

I believe the owner found success in the medical device game

He is an excellent brand ambassador

Did folks catch his point that it costs Toyota $1 million to build each car?

Me thinks he got some inside dope on the cost of building the LFA works including tooling and training plus material costs

I woul contest his point that he got the first one sold as the lower numbered car went to the distributor. In the Netherlands. He said the company kept the first 2
Old 04-16-12, 02:35 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the Netherland LFA was bought by a dealership owner who declared outright that it will never be driven and will only be a showpiece in his dealership.

As an owner, he is the best buyer Lexus could have hoped for. Not only is he showcasing what the car is about, he ordered a second LFA as well.

#001 ofcourse belongs to Akio Toyoda.

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Thanks for the vid Rolla, things have been getting a bit slow in LFA world again

I believe the owner found success in the medical device game

He is an excellent brand ambassador

Did folks catch his point that it costs Toyota $1 million to build each car?

Me thinks he got some inside dope on the cost of building the LFA works including tooling and training plus material costs

I woul contest his point that he got the first one sold as the lower numbered car went to the distributor. In the Netherlands. He said the company kept the first 2
Old 04-16-12, 02:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, the Netherland LFA was bought by a dealership owner who declared outright that it will never be driven and will only be a showpiece in his dealership.

As an owner, he is the best buyer Lexus could have hoped for. Not only is he showcasing what the car is about, he ordered a second LFA as well.

#001 ofcourse belongs to Akio Toyoda.
um.... don't think so

http://lexuslfaregistry.wikispaces.com/

i remember reading in more than a few occasions that the car in netherland is 001
Old 04-16-12, 02:48 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
um.... don't think so

http://lexuslfaregistry.wikispaces.com/

i remember reading in more than a few occasions that the car in netherland is 001
So then Akio Toyoda owns the #002 then??
Old 04-16-12, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

So then Akio Toyoda owns the #002 then??
that's the slot i have senn zero talk about
Old 04-16-12, 04:13 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I wish I had $400,000 laying around
Old 04-16-12, 04:36 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

That was really nice of the owner. The grin on that boy's face won't be leaving anytime soon.
Old 04-16-12, 08:10 PM
LexFather

Roy is one of the founding members of Atlanta MotorSports Park and recently again flew in Scott Pruett to drive it around. I hope is makes my 1sicklexusmeet this Saturday. The dude is just one of the nicest guys around and is beyond liberal with usage of his LFA. Dude is THE LFA Ambassador here.
Old 04-16-12, 09:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Roy is one of the founding members of Atlanta MotorSports Park and recently again flew in Scott Pruett to drive it around. I hope is makes my 1sicklexusmeet this Saturday. The dude is just one of the nicest guys around and is beyond liberal with usage of his LFA. Dude is THE LFA Ambassador here.
Yeah, he is a class act through and through. I also thought it was very cute how his wife was asking about the cat food and he responded "oh I was giving a test ride here in the LFA". LOL

I did notice he did not have the transmission shifts in full attack mode, but it is very understandable that he does not want the "power slam" shift level 7.
Old 04-17-12, 02:09 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe this guy's (owner's) name and other info is plastered all over the youtube commentary box for everyone to see. I wonder sometimes what's going on through rolla's head. At the very least, it would be courteous to respect the owner's privacy.

Cool owner and all, but that video could be incriminating. There's a name, a face, plates, and obvious speeding over the posted limit. Not a bright move by the kid to put this on youtube. I can understand the excitement, but people have been in trouble before.
Old 04-17-12, 07:04 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

He is very public about his LFA and has given several interviews to AutoWeek, AutoCar magazine with Ben Barry etc. and goes to NAGTROC all the time and posts on there and his name is mentioned everywhere. He is a very recognizable figure especially in the Nissan GTR/Forged Performance community. Forged Performance already calls it "Roy's LFA" at NAGTROC all the time.

He is talking about how his LFA is all the time at road Atlanta hitting 150 mph and that he has a fully modified 600 HP Nissan GTR and rollcage etc. He also mentions how his #003 LFA is the first public sale LFA. Add to that, the kid has a camera. Everyone knows something caught on camera ends up on youtube.

His license plate alone in the video is what is the biggest giveaway and he was revving for the camera when it was pointed towards the license plate.

I saw him mentioning 45 mph speed limits several times and how he has to stay under in the video so he exactly knew what he was doing and knew where not to open the car up. He is a very smart guy and someone so successful never gets up there by being naive.

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I can't believe this guy's (owner's) name and other info is plastered all over the youtube commentary box for everyone to see. I wonder sometimes what's going on through rolla's head. At the very least, it would be courteous to respect the owner's privacy.

Cool owner and all, but that video could be incriminating. There's a name, a face, plates, and obvious speeding over the posted limit. Not a bright move by the kid to put this on youtube. I can understand the excitement, but people have been in trouble before.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 04-17-12 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-17-12, 09:04 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Very classy. That guy is the perfect LFA owner. It made me happy to see but jealous at the same time haha. Very glad to see a great customer for Lexus
Old 04-17-12, 11:40 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Roy giving a handicapped kid a ride in his LFA. This guy is truly amazing.
This kid is (Injured). Not handicapped. I broke my back racing Motocross & now Im paralized from the waist down. That is handicapped. Not a broken foot that will heal in 8wks. Im not trying to be a *****. Just setting the record & doing justice for the young kid that helped make a fun video for us to see. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited by spdrcr771; 04-18-12 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: The best LFA owner (#003)