Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

IL *MINT* 1995 DWP SC300, MKIV seats, brakes, new interior, must see!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 04:14 PM
boostd4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *MINT* 1995 DWP SC300, MKIV seats, brakes, new interior, must see!

I finally got the BMW 335i that I've been looking for and have no use for my Lexus any more. It just sits in my driveway.

First off, it's a 1995 Lexus SC300, automatic, with about 131,000 miles on it.

This is the absolute CLEANEST 1995 I've ever seen. You will not find an SC with a cleaner tan interior than this car - it's nearly showroom new/clean. I actually flew to Oregon (from Chicago) to buy it from a member who is as eccentric about the car as I am, then drove it 3,000+ miles home without issue. I bought it with intentions of swapping a 1JZ/R154 into it but things worked out and I was able to actually afford the BMW I really wanted. This is a 1995 (OBD1) model, so at least in IL, no emissions test! It should pass emissions pretty much anywhere though, it's bone stock (powertrain) and has no warning lights on. The only engine modifications is a drop-in K&N filter in the factory airbox.

The car has the following upgrades:
  • MKIV Supra Turbo brake calipers at all four corners, Hawk pads, Brembo x-drilled rotors, SS lines, ATE Superblue fluid
  • ALL NEW LEATHER on front and rear seats and center arm rest
  • MKIV Supra Turbo front seats
  • Lextreme white gauge cluster and HVAC controls
  • 4300k Xenon headlamps, 3000k Xenon foglamps
  • Daizen Camber kits front and rear
  • Supra Turbo complete front control arms
  • Full Audio System
  • 17x8" Kosei lightweight wheels
  • Extra pair of Conti Winter Contact snow tires for the rear

I bought the car with the above options already installed and built the audio system (aside from the sub) myself. It includes:
  • Pioneer Avic Double Din Touch screen headunit with just about every possible audio input capability. Navigation, bluetooth, and you can even watch movies off of an SD card while in motion
  • Phoenix Gold RSD component 6.5" in front doors, tweeters behind factory tweeter pods
  • Phoenix Gold RSD 2-way 6.5" speakers on rear shelf
  • 12" Kicker sub in custom form-fitted sealed box with raised Lexus emblem in trunk
  • Rockford Fosgate amp
  • All new speaker wiring/RCAs directly from head unit (no factory wiring used)
This is one of the punchiest, cleanest systems I've ever done and get compliments all the time on the sound.

The vehicle has been well maintained. The timing belt and all recommended maintenance was done around 80k. I change the oil every 3,000 miles. Since owning it I've only had to change the alternator, serpentine belt tensioner, and drive belt - It's been SUPER reliable.

THE GOOD
  • Super reliable. Has never not started, even after sitting for a month in the winter cold
  • SUPER CLEAN interior - 9.5/10
  • SUPER CLEAN original DWP exterior paint (9/10)
  • NO RUST
  • AMAZING audio system with all the modern conveniences (bluetooth, nav, movies)
  • Silky smooth well maintained engine (stock 2JZGE's are easily good for 200k+)
  • EVERYTHING works well. Hot heat, COLD A/C. Even the windows roll up at full speed, at the SAME speed left/right
  • New factory headlight housings, high beam lenses, fog lights, and tail lights
  • Toyo Tires have more than 50% tread all around
  • Comes with two Conti Winter Contact winter tires, currently installed on the rear (one season used, more than 75% tread left)

THE BAD
  • Right front fog light bulb has burned out (haven't had time to source a bulb, I just don't use them at all)
  • Front bumper has some spider cracking around license plate frame (previous owner must have had a parallel parking tap)
  • Speedo needle has a section that's dimmer during the day.. common among SC's
  • Blower motor makes some bearing noise when extremely cold (goes away within the frist few minutes, still blows hard)
  • Trunk lock cylinder frozen (trunk release inside car works great)
  • Some normal wear/tear - much less than even the best 17 year old cars have though.

Asking price: $6,250

KBB on the car is $5,235. The car is exceptional and has over $6,000 in upgrades. The previous owner said he had $14,000 into the car (replaced tons of less-than perfect OEM pieces with new OEM pieces) and the only thing I've removed are the coilovers (I added the sound system). I don't expect to get anywhere near the money that's invested in the car, but I do believe my price is fair. Low ballers go away, you won't find one this clean for a long long time.

For all the pics and a walkaround video go here: http://tinypic.com/a/2qgi9/1

Here are a few of my favorites... in some of the interior pics, the passenger carpet on the door panel beneath the speaker looks rusty/brown... it's not. It's super clean, I'm not sure why my camera did that. Enjoy!

Old 01-11-12, 04:40 PM
ls400love
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice ride glws!
Old 01-12-12, 07:35 AM
ravi843
Driver School Candidate

very clean car
Old 01-12-12, 01:30 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

very clean ride, glws
Old 01-19-12, 09:00 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great looking car!
Old 01-19-12, 05:12 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I don't think If seen such a flawless interior and engine bay! Looks really well kept, wish you were closer. glws
Old 01-20-12, 01:04 AM
Josh400
Driver

Your interior is amazing! Good luck
Old 01-29-12, 01:49 PM
66fastcars
Driver School Candidate

PM sent awaiting reply
Old 01-29-12, 05:05 PM
klepto2
Pole Position

That interior is ridiculous clean!! That's something you don't see very often. Glws!!
Old 02-01-12, 02:01 PM
boostd4
Driver

CAR IS SOLD. Thanks for all the interest!