FAQs on stereo upgrades for Lexus - help needed-DIY included - Page 10 - Club Lexus Forums

FAQs on stereo upgrades for Lexus - help needed-DIY included

Old 04-29-13, 08:30 PM   #136
Ladykiller
Driver School Candidate

Default 2000 SC400 Audio

I have 2000 SC with the Premium Nakami system I was looking into an aftermarket Head Unit I
was currently looking at the Pioneer FH-X700BT Head-Unit it seems as a good bang for buck
kinda deal & some price estimates for installation.
I would really appreciate some recommendations also for what front panel speakers i should go with as I am also looking into replacing those as well. I'm also open to any other suggestions such as subs ect I actually have an Alpine SWR-1243D lying around would it be possible to replace the rear stock 10 with that?

Thanks for reading my post.
Ladykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-15, 02:30 AM   #137
jeremylamb
Driver School Candidate

I was able to easily fit 61/2 in the doors and the back dash by adding brackets...no cutting involved. Oh that's in a SC by the way
jeremylamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-15, 02:35 AM   #138
jeremylamb
Driver School Candidate

Now if I'm not mistaking you would need to find a 5 ch amp to replace that Nakamichi or multiple little amps to get that nice almost surround sound you get with the stock system.. and it's an 8" sub on the back dash not a 10 but it would be cool to replace it with one.. re wiring a after factory system is not as easy as a lot of cars...it's a lot more work from what I've gathered..

Last edited by jeremylamb; 04-22-15 at 02:39 AM.
jeremylamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 02:56 PM   #139
Sierra02ES
Driver School Candidate

Default ES300 Navigation

My navigation system (2002 ES300) stopped working recently. I never had a problem with it until now, and there is a message displaying saying to check and see if the map dvd is correct. I sincerely hope that this is only an issue of needing a new disc. Has anyone ever had this issue? If it ISNT the disc, what could it be? Thanks!
Sierra02ES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-15, 09:32 PM   #140
Prinny
Pole Position

Default ????

I've done some searching, but I really have no idea where to start. I don't know what parts are compatible with which models/years and what not.

I've just purchased a 2013 GS450H and would like to upgrade the sound system. Any suggestions or tips are highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-16, 03:04 PM   #141
maxwelld
Driver School Candidate

I have a 00 gs300 Pioneer system.
I would like to replace the stock headunit with an aftermarket one without replacing the amp and speakers.
The metra wiring harness is what I purchased which ive read is a hit or miss. Worse case scenario I can hardwire the existing harness to the new unit.
I have not found any related articles stating if this is possible. My question is.. can I get the amp to still work? Is it as simple as running the power wire from the stock amp to a power source on the new unit?
Thanks guys.
maxwelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 01:55 PM   #142
Typ2nuk
Driver School Candidate

Yes you can. I found everything as far as info, on this forum to install a pioneer avh 4600 7" screen in a 98 GS400 myself. You will still have use of factory subwoofer. You can actuallly buy the metra or scoshe harnesses from Walmart or order them off ebay. Upon further looking on here i found a member who showed how to use the walmart harness to plug directly to the factor without cutting any wires. This made it easier to add a sub and 5 channel amp later on. I hate to sound like a *****, but if you google it, it will come up.I only say that because I don't remember exact titles of the threads and posts. If I did , I would tell you. Please take my advice and look, look, look on here before you just start hacking up the car. But just look for diy aftermarket screen installs.
Typ2nuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-16, 06:50 PM   #143
JBenedykt
Driver School Candidate

Default Help !! Need stereo wiring diagram for 2008 Lexus RX 350

Help please. Somebody knows where can I find a 2008 Lexus RX 350 complete stereo wiring diagram ?
JBenedykt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-16, 05:15 PM   #144
orion7mm
Driver School Candidate

Default Adding XM Radio to a 2005 GX 470

I realize this is probably an old topic, but this Lexus is our first and Your lessons learned would be very helpful. Thanks.

Specifically ... Can anyone share their experience with the iSimple ISTY651 "Connect" Interface and wiring harness, the ISSR-12 cable, and the Sirius-XM SVX-200 Tuner? Any suggestions regarding Installation?

Will the factory radio (our rig has NAV and ML) recognize the Sat tuner input via a 2nd push of the AM button? Will the XM channels display on the NAV screen? Did any of the 2005 GX 470's have a "AM/SAT" or "SAT" button on the factory radio? (Ours only has AM / FM / TAPE / DISC buttons)

Lexus "customer service" and the dealer have Not been able to share any information on this topic.
orion7mm is offline   Reply With Quote