Sponsored by:

Aftermarket amp for door speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-14, 08:04 PM
Iparkcars
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket amp for door speaker question

I want to add a amp( alpine mrp f300) to my alpine type r 6.5 door speakers in my 2003 Lexus GS300. I installed my head unit and my subwoofers myself so I know the basics of car audio installI and I was wondering about how to go about running the speaker wires as far as where to connect them since my factory amp was bypassed to install my headunit
Old 09-04-14, 11:07 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You said that you changed your HU, so why not run interconnects from the HU to the amp?
Old 09-04-14, 12:23 PM
Iparkcars
Driver

You think that is the best way? I just trying to get a idea of how to do this..I really don't want to pay all that money to have a amp installed when I can run the wires just need help with the connections. I'm sorry I'm kind confused with where to connect the wires with the interconnect.? The wires go from the head unit to the the connection that was created with the bypass of the factory amp.should the aftermarket amp wire be connected where the two bypass wires connect?

Last edited by Iparkcars; 09-04-14 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-04-14, 06:28 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You stated that you were wanting to add an amp for you door speakers and already had changed you HU ( I assumed it was an aftermarket HU)? If that is the case, you would run interconnects from the back of your HU to the amp that you are going to add for the door speakers. This would be your input signal. That amp will require a remote turn on, power and ground just like you sub amp. What model HU do you have? Most aftermarket HUs have RCA (interconnect) outputs for Front, Rear and Sub.......

RCA outputs on the back of my HU are the six connections on the left hand side in this pic.

RCA inputs on my amp are shown in this pic.

Old 09-06-14, 04:54 AM
Iparkcars
Driver

Yea I going to take pics of mine this weekend to hopefully explain it a little better. I have jvc kwt810 Hdt (double din)The way mine is set up is since there is no available wire harness the speaker wires are straight wired. The people who put in the head unit bypassed the amp so they cut the wires on the amp side wire harness and wired it past the amp to the head unit.So as I'm installing this aftermarket amp I need to wire it from the back of the head unit?Don't I need to wire it from where the bypass connection is on the amp side I'm sorry I'm stuck on stupid today.Slammer1 what part of NC do you stay in?

Last edited by Iparkcars; 09-06-14 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-30-14, 05:36 PM
Iparkcars
Driver

This install was a process I decided to share because I hope it can help someone out. So I had to purchase another amp I got a power acoustik 1200w 4 channel amp..the alpine kept cutting out because the door speakers where bulling took much power. I had to re run my speakers wire where the plug at the factory amp where cut and run them across the back of my head unit into the trunk. The reason I did this was because I got the infamous whin from the back speakers. So I changed grounds two times no luck, come to find out it was the RCA wires they where brand new but they where of cheap quality I guess. I purchased them from radio shack. I brought two amp wiring kits from knukonceptz these RCA didn't do it..so I went with those. It was just pain wiring rewiring all three sets of RCA's. I was a process but I'm happy to almost be done just need to clean up the wiring