Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 12-15-14, 12:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Vaistech iVic-i Review (Touching iVic-d too)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-17, 09:13 PM
Hex357
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I See there is an Av1 & 2 option, where do you insert the AV Cables? Could i possibly connect a small computer and have the display on my GS350 Nav Screen? Controlled by a mouse?
Old 01-19-17, 09:17 PM
chriso5573
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The option is there but you won't be able to use them unless you buy an adapter from Vaistech. They are really weird looking plugs, nothing I've seen anywhere else. Not exactly your standard AV in connections.
The following users liked this post:
Hex357 (01-19-17)
Old 01-19-17, 09:18 PM
Hex357
Driver School Candidate

chriso5573 what do they look like do you have a picture?
Old 01-19-17, 09:23 PM
chriso5573
Driver

Luckily I took a picture of how I have it mounted under my dash and it just so happens to show the port fairly clearly. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Vaistech iVic-i Review (Touching iVic-d too)-img_5418.jpg  
Old 01-20-17, 08:34 AM
Hex357
Driver School Candidate

Thank you chriso5573
Old 02-01-17, 05:13 AM
danikas
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewkaru
Hello thank you very much.I am afraid I need much more detailed explanation.I am new to this and I am not sure what part of my car are you dis playing here.please let me know how to disassemble step-by-step if possible or direct me somewhere where I can read about it
i spoke to the company and according to them their product is not compatible with 450h ,can anyone throw in some light on this?
I do have auxiliary sound on my rx450h 2010 and ML with dvd player and HD navi as standard.I also have the two camera system ( rear and right mirror camera view)
We do not have touch screen on the factory system but the mouse type.Has any one installed it successfully on the US version?
thx
ARI

Last edited by danikas; 02-01-17 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-01-17, 05:18 AM
danikas
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chriso5573
Here you go. Hope this helps. Depending on what kind of radio you have it will be the green boxes that you plug into, not the red box. The red box is the flasher wire. If you plug into the wrong one your emergency lights will start to blink. All you have to do is turn of your car and plug it into the only other place it will fit and you will be fine. I thought I fried mine when I saw the emergency lights blinking but once I connected it properly, it worked perfectly.

Look up how to disassemble your glove box and see if there is room behind it. Make sure your cables are zipped and secure so they don't come loose eventually or you will have to take everything apart to re-secure them. Also another tip, sup tie the HDMI cable to the A/V connector so it doesn't come loose. You might want to drill a small hole in the side of your glove box to push the lighting cable through. You won't have much room, only about 3-4 inches so I recommend getting a lighting extension cable that supports audio and video like this one Amazon.com: Lightning Extension Cable (2 foot Black) for iPhone 6S, 6, Plus and 5/5S/5C; Pass Video, Data, Audio Through Male to Female 8-pin Cable. dockXtender for Lightning by CableJive.: Computers & Accessories
HELLO THERE
I have the same unit i presume on my 2010 Rx450h
my Navi is HD with dvd player 6 disk and ML with rear camera as well as right camera on the mirror.
I dont see why it wont work ,as it is bypassing the signal to the LCD screen on top .I have Auxiliary sound as well
The plugs on the rear are the same as mine
Any feed back will be appreciated
cheers
ARI
Old 02-02-17, 09:08 PM
chriso5573
Driver

I had a lot of issues trying to get my iVIC-5i to work for the first time. There are very specific instructions on what you need to do with the two little rocker switches to make the unit learn what car you have etc. Follow them exactly and you should be ok. I also had a lot of issues with lightning extension cables because they would eventually fail. Now I have my jailbroken iPod touch plugged directly into the bulky apple HDMI adapter inside the dash and have had MUCH less problems. Occasionally my iPod crashes and restarts but that's as bad as my problems get now. Hope this is able to help you out a little. Check on Vaistech.com and look up your car to see what unit is compatible. There has been much talk about the Andriod version being much better in that you can setup a Bluetooth mouse to control it and have more features work even for iPhones but I would look more into that before making your decision.
Old 04-05-17, 09:35 AM
mmmboost
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chriso5573
I had a lot of issues trying to get my iVIC-5i to work for the first time. There are very specific instructions on what you need to do with the two little rocker switches to make the unit learn what car you have etc. Follow them exactly and you should be ok. I also had a lot of issues with lightning extension cables because they would eventually fail. Now I have my jailbroken iPod touch plugged directly into the bulky apple HDMI adapter inside the dash and have had MUCH less problems. Occasionally my iPod crashes and restarts but that's as bad as my problems get now. Hope this is able to help you out a little. Check on Vaistech.com and look up your car to see what unit is compatible. There has been much talk about the Andriod version being much better in that you can setup a Bluetooth mouse to control it and have more features work even for iPhones but I would look more into that before making your decision.
What additional features do you get from using the 6D on the iPhone? I just bought a 6i from VAIS-tech recently as they found one in inventory. My vehicle is listed as compatible so I'm hoping I don't run into any issues....especially with the extension cable.
Old 04-05-17, 07:19 PM
chriso5573
Driver

Originally Posted by mmmboost
What additional features do you get from using the 6D on the iPhone? I just bought a 6i from VAIS-tech recently as they found one in inventory. My vehicle is listed as compatible so I'm hoping I don't run into any issues....especially with the extension cable.

I believe for a while Apple Car Play was usable through the android version. Honestly I'm not really sure but if you search here for the thread on the iVIC 5D review you'll see what they were talking about. I also think the android ones can work for both iOS and android. Sorry for the vague response. It might just be worth calling them up and asking. They've always been really great about answering questions over the phone/email. Cheers!