Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVH-P2400BT Parking Brake override bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-12, 11:48 AM
wise2k
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pioneer AVH-P2400BT Parking Brake override bypass

I ordered the Pioneer AVH-P2400BT http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZeDtLkr...H-P2400BT.html to install it in my 1999 GS300.

I just realized that I won't be able be able to watch any video coz I don't even know where the brake line is located

Can a simple relay from best buy work in this situation to bypass/override the parking brake ..? I am trying to avoid having to wait another week or more if I have to order one of those already made from Ebay.

Can anyone help on how to solve this or make one..? I read that grounding doesn't work in these newer Pioneer models.
Old 04-13-12, 12:02 PM
4DGSR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to move two wires on the harness. If you do a search on google you should find it.
Old 04-13-12, 11:42 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

this is for an avh p4200dvd but the bypass should be the same for your unit.

Old 04-14-12, 06:53 AM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

grounding doesn't work due to the construction of the units (i.e. the gyro sensor that started the issues) and now moved into the infamous Pioneer Parking break interlock.....the requirement is to go the power side of a parking break wire. however for a large majority of Pioneers this trick MAY work......

LEGALLY!!!!!! you may not use this information to intentionally violate any state or local laws and I assume no responsibility for assisting or helping with this process or anything related to it as the tip is merely hearsay and not of my own thoughts nor actions. I am passing along some information that is common knowledge. Obey all local, state, and federal laws as it is illegal to drive with video playing front of the drivers seat. And I heard that....use a momentary switch/toggle switch. its a switch with only two leads and will temporarily interrupt that signal. one side goes to a grounding point, separate from the radio harness ground (i.e. a bolt) and the other to the parking brake wire. to activate the video portion, you need to switch the toggle on for a few seconds, off for a seconds, then back on to stay on. refer to page 81 of the PDF of the manual for that radio.

should work. cost of switch - $3
Old 04-14-12, 08:56 AM
wise2k
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by specc00
this is for an avh p4200dvd but the bypass should be the same for your unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGZE...eature=related
Thank you so much!! Works like a charm, will post pics soon
Old 04-14-12, 11:16 AM
Silec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wise2k
Thank you so much!! Works like a charm, will post pics soon
not a problem, glad i can help.
Old 04-22-12, 01:28 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irishcharm
grounding doesn't work due to the construction of the units (i.e. the gyro sensor that started the issues) and now moved into the infamous Pioneer Parking break interlock.....the requirement is to go the power side of a parking break wire. however for a large majority of Pioneers this trick MAY work......

LEGALLY!!!!!! you may not use this information to intentionally violate any state or local laws and I assume no responsibility for assisting or helping with this process or anything related to it as the tip is merely hearsay and not of my own thoughts nor actions. I am passing along some information that is common knowledge. Obey all local, state, and federal laws as it is illegal to drive with video playing front of the drivers seat. And I heard that....use a momentary switch/toggle switch. its a switch with only two leads and will temporarily interrupt that signal. one side goes to a grounding point, separate from the radio harness ground (i.e. a bolt) and the other to the parking brake wire. to activate the video portion, you need to switch the toggle on for a few seconds, off for a seconds, then back on to stay on. refer to page 81 of the PDF of the manual for that radio.

should work. cost of switch - $3
Law school on the side...
Old 04-22-12, 07:33 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

this bypass only works on non nav units...fyi.. nav units are far easier to bypass..
Old 12-23-12, 03:16 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

OP, how do u like this unit? I actually found this unit in Walmart the other night but i want the 2400 model so i can have the bluetooth function. can u do a mini review? Thanks