Sponsored by:

Sat radio and iPod adaptor down again

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-10, 07:36 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sat radio and iPod adaptor down again

My Sat radio and iPod adaptor are down again. I was using the sat radio, changing from preset 1 to preset 3, and I got static intermittently interrupting the radio. I then tried to change back to preset 1 to see whether it was the channel, and then it cut out completely. Then I tried the iPod adaptor and that is down too. Only the DVD player and other stock audio features are working.

On the iPod and Sat Radio the interfaces come up, but no sound.

1) Any thoughts what the problem might be?

2) Also how long is the warranty? The iPod Adaptor is Vaistech SL2i-UP, and the sat radio is the Lexus one but dealer fitted. Both installed when I bought the car in May 2009.
Old 06-12-10, 10:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

1) umm, another conflict?! i remember this happened once before? shutting off the car and restarting didn't do the trick i guess? hard to say what happened, wonder if one of the units went wild. but if it's the factory xm radio and the sl2i-up for lexus, they should be accessing two separate harnesses...

2) sl2i-up is one year i believe. factory, also one year at most iirc. personally i don't think it's unit problem, sounds like conflicts to me?
Old 06-13-10, 06:22 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
1) umm, another conflict?! i remember this happened once before? shutting off the car and restarting didn't do the trick i guess? hard to say what happened, wonder if one of the units went wild. but if it's the factory xm radio and the sl2i-up for lexus, they should be accessing two separate harnesses...

2) sl2i-up is one year i believe. factory, also one year at most iirc. personally i don't think it's unit problem, sounds like conflicts to me?
Yes. This occured around New Years. I took it to the dealership since they had fitted it. They claimed that a power fluctuation caused by the car's aftermarket GPS locating system may have caused the Vaistech unit to blow. They replaced the Vaistech unit under warranty and it turned out that the Vaistech had been interfering with the Sat Radio. So both worked fine once the Vaistech was replaced.

I'll call the dealer. See if they can fix it for free. Otherwise I'm going to an aftermarket shop and will have them either remove or re-wire the GPS system in addition to fixing the problem. if the Vaistech has indeed blown. I may replace it with a DICE Mediabridge since that provides bluetooth A2DP for audio.
Old 06-13-10, 11:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

your car has aftermarket gps systems?
Old 06-13-10, 11:50 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

your car has aftermarket gps systems?
No it has an aftermarket GPS tracker. It tracks the car if someone moves it who is not me. It's a security feature and it keeps valet parkers on check.

I drove it this morning and the radio and iPod are working again!
Old 06-14-10, 08:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by batman75
No it has an aftermarket GPS tracker. It tracks the car if someone moves it who is not me. It's a security feature and it keeps valet parkers on check.

I drove it this morning and the radio and iPod are working again!
ummm ic... yeah if there is another system that might be interfering with the vaistech / sat, then it's hard to say what can happen...

but at least it seems like the units aren't fried
Old 06-14-10, 09:42 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

ummm ic... yeah if there is another system that might be interfering with the vaistech / sat, then it's hard to say what can happen...

but at least it seems like the units aren't fried
It stopped working again. Dont know what to do.