Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

     
Old 12-15-14, 02:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
 
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

HOW-TO: SC300/SC400 Install Aftermarket Head Unit, OEM Speakers and Sub Working!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-13, 12:53 AM   #481
sc4lex00
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bc
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raine View Post
It doesn't work with the Nak system, the Nak setup is wired differently. Some of the speaker wire stuff might work (like the harness colors) but in the 3 years that this thread has been up, no one who actually tried got it to work with the Nak setup. Sorry
i have the naks system, i did this wiring and everything works great, only thing is im having trouble is the sub im not sure where or which plug is the G harness, once i figure it out ill let u guys know. if anyone can help me out with the sub issue pls thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by sc4lex00; 10-21-13 at 12:56 AM..
sc4lex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 03:59 PM   #482
Dougspeed
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc4lex00 View Post
i have the naks system, i did this wiring and everything works great, only thing is im having trouble is the sub im not sure where or which plug is the G harness, once i figure it out ill let u guys know. if anyone can help me out with the sub issue pls thanks
I think that this was really the only issue with the Nak system, the subwoofer and THAT is what no one has been able to resolve yet.
__________________

Senior Digital Content Administrator @ Edmunds Inc. www.edmunds.com
2000 Lexus SC400
Dougspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-13, 04:04 PM   #483
sc4lex00
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bc
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougspeed View Post
I think that this was really the only issue with the Nak system, the subwoofer and THAT is what no one has been able to resolve yet.
I think the best way is just to go aftermarket amps and sub
sc4lex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 07:45 AM   #484
sc4hunnit
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: fl
Posts: 131
Default

You can use the factory sub.
sc4hunnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 09:10 PM   #485
sc4lex00
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: bc
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc4hunnit View Post
You can use the factory sub.
How do u it? For the naks system?
sc4lex00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 06:17 AM   #486
MGa
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)
 
MGa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 37
mopoilija
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raine View Post

IS THIS THREAD FOR YOU?

For reference, this thread is for SC300/SC400 owners who wish to:

1. Replace their factory head unit with an aftermarket one.
2. DO use your factory speakers.
3. DO use your factory subwoofer.
4. DO use your factory amplifiers (main amp and sub amp)
4. Do NOT want to install a separate amp for the main speakers.
5. Do NOT install a separate amp for the subwoofer.
It's great to see these DIY guides and all the effort put in.
I would change the position
4. DO use your factory amplifiers (main amp and sub amp) into 4. DO use your factory sub amplifier, since this tutorial bypasses the main amp.

Keep up the good work!
__________________
1997 Lexus SC 400 Starlight Black (ex. Black Onyx)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
Finnish Lexus/ Suzuki Hayabusa enthusiast
MGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 10:11 AM   #487
raine
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)
 
raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGa View Post
It's great to see these DIY guides and all the effort put in.
I would change the position
4. DO use your factory amplifiers (main amp and sub amp) into 4. DO use your factory sub amplifier, since this tutorial bypasses the main amp.

Keep up the good work!
That's been like that forever and II guess no one even noticed until now LOL

fixed
__________________
My 1995 SC300 is Sold ... but I kept the "SO RAWR" plates
raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-13, 02:46 PM   #488
mnewxcv
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 129
Default

well ive been working on this today to install my new head unit. very valuable thread and I thank you OP. here are a couple things ive found.

1. I preferred to run my speaker wires through the center console along the transmission tunnel to the back seat rather than tear up the passenger side trim. snaking it under the carpet was a little tricky, but I didnt have to remove any additional parts that werent coming out anyways.





2. when I got to the trunk and took out the cd changer, I found this:



wheres the oem amp?!

oh wait, found it

mnewxcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-13, 01:07 AM   #489
raine
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)
 
raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewxcv View Post
well ive been working on this today to install my new head unit. very valuable thread and I thank you OP. here are a couple things ive found.

1. I preferred to run my speaker wires through the center console along the transmission tunnel to the back seat rather than tear up the passenger side trim. snaking it under the carpet was a little tricky, but I didnt have to remove any additional parts that werent coming out anyways.
You could run the speaker wires down the tunnel (nothing wrong with that)... when I wrote the HT I did plan on the passenger side parts coming off since I was wiring other stuff too at the same time (EDFC, etc.) and I wanted to be able to get to those wires if there were any issues without having to pull the passenger seat/center console out
__________________
My 1995 SC300 is Sold ... but I kept the "SO RAWR" plates
raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 09:22 PM   #490
SC300T1
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: KS
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raine View Post
I'm batman


Came across this thread on a random google search for a diagram, read the thread and hoped I had a pioneer unit which i did! You are a goddamn super hero Raine.
SC300T1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 10:07 PM   #491
raine
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)
 
raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC300T1 View Post
Came across this thread on a random google search for a diagram, read the thread and hoped I had a pioneer unit which i did! You are a goddamn super hero Raine.
__________________
My 1995 SC300 is Sold ... but I kept the "SO RAWR" plates
raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 07:34 PM   #492
ISFFUN
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 276
Default

First off, thank you for the guide.

I did this on my 97 SC w/ 12 disc changer and got everything working the first time.

However-

I don't understand the importance (in my case) of section I regarding the subwoofer amp and antenna.

My Pioneer DEH-80PRS keeps the antenna up whenever it's on no matter the source (as far as I know,I could be wrong). The subwoofer also works on all inputs.

So why do I need to bother with section I and splicing those wires? I ran the RCA cable from Radio Shack into the +/- on harness D and I get a solid sub signal and the antenna works. I kinda wish the antenna would go down when the headunit is on Aux/BT/USB but I can deal with it.

Last edited by ISFFUN; 03-03-14 at 07:39 PM..
ISFFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 09:47 PM   #493
raine
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)
 
raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISFFUN View Post
First off, thank you for the guide.

I did this on my 97 SC w/ 12 disc changer and got everything working the first time.

However- I don't understand the importance (in my case) of section I regarding the subwoofer amp and antenna.
well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISFFUN View Post

...I kinda wish the antenna would go down when the headunit is on...
...
__________________
My 1995 SC300 is Sold ... but I kept the "SO RAWR" plates
raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 10:55 PM   #494
ISFFUN
Pole Position
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 276
Default

I follow your logic, but there's no communication between the head unit and the factory amp. It's just a line out that's on for all sources. It (the aftermarket headunit) doesn't turn the amp (blue/white wire) power off when I go to CD. It doesn't have a blue antenna wire AND a blue/white remote power- only a remote power.

Last edited by ISFFUN; 03-03-14 at 11:23 PM..
ISFFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 11:30 PM   #495
raine
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)
 
raine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISFFUN View Post
I follow your logic, but there's no communication between the head unit and the factory amp. It's just a line out that's on for all sources. It (the aftermarket headunit) doesn't turn the amp (blue/white wire) power off when I go to CD. It doesn't have a blue antenna wire AND a blue/white remote power- only a remote power.
Ah I see what you're saying... I guess it may be a combo of wires A1 and A8 at the head unit harness) AND the splice trick at the sub amp combined that makes the antenna function as it's supposed to (up when radio, down when anything else) - provided, as you said, that the aftermarket head unit has a dedicated antenna wire.

Anyhow, if you can deal with the antenna up all the time, no worries on your end.
__________________
My 1995 SC300 is Sold ... but I kept the "SO RAWR" plates
raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 11:30 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tip on installing a Aftermarket Navigation HU on a GS with Nakamichi Sceptre GS - Second Generation 11 05-01-14 02:43 PM
HOW TO: SC300/SC400 Double-DIN Stereo Install + Metra Mod for Double-DIN Head Units raine Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics 69 05-08-13 01:36 AM
Aftermarket HU on 1999 Nakamichi system/bypassing stock amp kponti Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics 4 03-09-12 09:07 AM
HOW TO: SC300/SC400 Custom iPhone Holder (Replaces Upper Cup Holder) raine Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics 7 01-07-12 08:01 PM
DIY: HOW TO Install Aftermarket Headunit & Use Stock Speakers in SC400 CleanCL Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics 0 03-08-06 02:37 PM


Tags
1996, aftermarket, amp, amplifier, connect, head, install, kenwood, lexus, remove, sc300, sc400, subwoofer, unit, vent

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info