Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vais - can you see/select song titles while driving?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-09, 01:11 PM
deaddog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vais - can you see/select song titles while driving?

I posted this over on Vais forums about the multimedialinq player and got no answer. They post some great lookin video about how the system works - but only when vehicle is in park. given the Navi lockout issue, I'm trying to figure out how it works when the car is moving. I am reposting below my inquiry that I posted on Vais board but, as the answer may be the same for the ipod integration, I will ask it here more generally:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a hard time visualizing how one selects songs while driving - given the "lockout" function found in the Navi screens of 2008 Lexus. I watched the QT video posted in this forum - but I understand that all of the song selections and actions were done while the car was not moving.

Can anybody post screen shots of the navi screen while seleciting songs while moving? Or otherwise try to describe it to me?

Thanks
+++++++++++
Can anybody at least describe the song selection process when moving - what do you see and how do you pick a song?
Thanks
Old 03-05-09, 03:06 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

The only difference you'll see is that list of file and list of folders will be grayed out while the car is motion, all other controls are active. You can still select different folders and files using your radio controls. Unfortunately it's a safety feature by Toyota/Lexus that we have nothing to do with.
Old 03-05-09, 03:28 PM
deaddog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
The only difference you'll see is that list of file and list of folders will be grayed out while the car is motion, all other controls are active. You can still select different folders and files using your radio controls. Unfortunately it's a safety feature by Toyota/Lexus that we have nothing to do with.
Thanks - I understand its a Lexus issue, not a Vais issue. But, can you explain how you can "still select different folders and files using your radio controls" IF "that list of file and list of folders will be grayed out ." If its grayed out how can you see what song is there for you to select?