Sponsored by:

ultimate lockpick q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-08, 02:28 PM
David M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultimate lockpick q's

The Ultimate Lockpick sounds like just the gadget I'd like to install in my (new to me) 2006 LS 430 UL. Just got off the phone with the Ultimate Lockpick guys. They said there are no installation instructions for it! They said I could buy yet another book, in addition to their $250 or so product, to show me how to remove the dash. I was stunned, needless to say. I don't want to have to buy more stuff to help install a $250 gadget.
So, has anyone actually installed one of these? Is it hard? The Lockpick guy said it is moderate difficulty. If it is simply unbolt and unscrew, then maybe I could give it a go.
Also, their web page raises several more questions. 1) can the Lexus Mark Levinson 6 CD changer actually play DVD's, as their web page implies? 2) Their web page says the gadget will unlock the audio and video inputs -- I didn't know our cars *have* an audio and video input. That would be real nice for external MP3 players; just connect line level in for audio and let 'er rip, so to speak. Alternatively, could I just put the MP3/Ogg songs onto a DVD and play them directly?

Thanks,
David
Old 12-18-08, 05:50 PM
SAR41WY
Driver School Candidate

Do a seach on "nav bypass" and there is a post bt tim817 that did an excellent job of showing you how to do this. He took step by step pictures of the dismantle and good shots of the wiring harness. Thanks to him, I plan on doing the same thing, I will order my lockpick and put it in myself.

Thanks tim817
Old 12-18-08, 11:40 PM
David M
Driver

Thanks, Sar. However, that thread was about IS or ES or some other Lexus model. Apparently, no one knows if it will work with an LS. <sigh>
Old 12-19-08, 01:57 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by David M
Thanks, Sar. However, that thread was about IS or ES or some other Lexus model. Apparently, no one knows if it will work with an LS. <sigh>
rominl, a moderator here, had a LS with the navi bypass (he subsequently sold his LS for another car). send him a PM, i'm sure he'll tell you what you need to do.