Sponsored by:

Need Alarm Experts Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-08, 08:08 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Alarm Experts Help

I just picked up my 02 ES300 from a soundshop after getting a VIPER 5900(Security/RemoteStart) last night and I notice that whenever I remotestart the car factory alarm goes off I am taking it back tomorrow but anyone has any idea what the installer did wrong? because I was suppose to take my 04 GX470 for same alarm/remotestart to get installed. And if this guys doesn't know what he's doing I don't wanna take a chance with GX. Anybody ever had same issue? is it simple to correct? does he have to reinstall everything? I have had him install same alarm on my previous Nissan Murano but didn't have anyproblems except had to change the battery because he drained the crap out of it.

thanks,
Tae
Old 11-22-08, 10:16 AM
basketthis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell him hookup factory alarm disarm wire...
Old 11-22-08, 10:51 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

if that's the reason...can't believe he missed it.
is this common mistake with lexus vehicles?
I am sure he's done couple lexus's at least...
Old 11-22-08, 04:09 PM
basketthis
Pole Position

sure is possible.
that would be the only reason the factory alarm would go off when you remote start. otherwise, it would send the signal to the vehicle and there would be no problems.
Old 11-22-08, 07:12 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

thanks basketthis,
last question, i tried to start my car with remote start but it wouldn't work. when i press start button on remote it wouldn't do anything but when i start the car manually with the key and turn it off and start it with remote start it started. does it have anything to do with cold weather? what could it be?
thanks
Old 11-23-08, 07:34 AM
basketthis
Pole Position

could be a number of things... that should be something you bring up to your installer...

they will probably need to know if the car cranks at all when trying to remote start or if it doesn't respond at all. they should be able to address the issue quicker with that info.

the two things that come to mind immediately are a chipped key issue (the bypass module you had to purchase and put a spare key in) or an issue with the crank time (usually having to do with the tach wire not hooked up)....

it wouldn't be the cold weather that would cause your vehicle to not start. if it's cold, of course the engine will be cold and will start hard. if you live in a cold weather area or anywhere that the weather changes for that matter, you should make sure the installer has hooked up the tach wire.

if the vehicle is cranking and just not starting:
there are two ways to program the crank time remote start.
the first way, you can program the unit to read the 12v on the vehicle's ignition and program the crank time higher for the vehicle to start. sometimes this can cause grinding of the starter...
the second (more reliable) way is to hook up the tach wire. this wire hooks directly to the tach sense wire in your vehicle. this wire from the aftermarket remote start unit will read the tach wire from the vehicle and make sure that the vehicle is running. if it senses that the vehicle isn't running after cranking for the pre-programmed amount of crank time the unit will continue to crank until the vehicle is completely started and running. this is especially beneficial when the cold weather comes around.
it is very possible that this wire didn't get hooked up at all because on most lexus vehicles it is very difficult to get to... or it could have been hooked up and they just forgot to program it... :shrug:

on your es300 (tach wire color and location):
Black/orange Pin-5 on ECM behind glovebox AC
or
Opposite from Black/red At any injector on engine AC

GL! Let us know what comes of this!
Old 11-24-08, 09:00 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

thank you basketthis,
Well installer fixed the factory alarm going off, he said he forgot to hook up some wire which addressed the issue, so now remote starter works without factory alarm going off which is good.
But here is another issue, if i drive the car and park it, remote starter works fine. Then if the car sits outside for couple of hours or overnight remote starter doesn't work, it doesn't even crank. it's getting full signal because i can arm and disarm the vehicle from the same distance but when i press the remote start button it's doesn't do anything, usually when i remote start it remote beeps and confirms that it's starting or at least trying to start on lcd but it's not doing that. what could this be? this is driving me nuts, and eating up lot of my time too. any idea?

thanks,
Tae
Old 11-24-08, 11:46 AM
hoonami
Pole Position

maybe defective bypass module? anyother components that has anything to do with this problem?
Old 11-25-08, 08:33 AM
basketthis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hoonami
thank you basketthis,
Well installer fixed the factory alarm going off, he said he forgot to hook up some wire which addressed the issue, so now remote starter works without factory alarm going off which is good.
But here is another issue, if i drive the car and park it, remote starter works fine. Then if the car sits outside for couple of hours or overnight remote starter doesn't work, it doesn't even crank. it's getting full signal because i can arm and disarm the vehicle from the same distance but when i press the remote start button it's doesn't do anything, usually when i remote start it remote beeps and confirms that it's starting or at least trying to start on lcd but it's not doing that. what could this be? this is driving me nuts, and eating up lot of my time too. any idea?

thanks,
Tae
Originally Posted by hoonami
maybe defective bypass module? anyother components that has anything to do with this problem?
more likely something along the lines of an improper brake wire connection or a neutral safety switch wire issue...
it definitely shouldn't be doing that and you should take it to your installer and let him know what it's doing and have them fix it. they should have no problems figuring it out and fixing the issue. especially if you've already paid for the labor...
Old 11-26-08, 02:30 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

how long does your alarm go off after the remote start? I had a similar problem in my previous car, it was due to the alarm's shock sensor being too 'sensitive' ...i doubt this might be your situation, i just wanted to give you another idea.