Sponsored by:

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-08, 12:27 PM
EpixINC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start

okay everyone just bought a remote start off ebay and i just need a wiring diagram for the ignition system.... i can figure out how to get to it under the dash and probably remove it, i just would prefer to have the wiring diagram before i start this mod. that way i dont have to keep going in and out with the ignition... anyone got one that they can provide to me? the other wires run to the brake light switch(on the pedal), door trigger(not really sure what this does), the power windows(in the door), the remote trunk switch(under the dash) horn(under the dash) and dome light(using the door sensor) can anyone help?
Old 02-26-08, 08:57 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

should of just saved for a VIPer..
Old 03-25-08, 11:22 PM
BDB75236
Driver School Candidate

Go To The12volt.com
Old 03-09-11, 07:30 PM
exmeaguy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BDB75236
Go To The12volt.com
Thanks bud.
Old 06-22-11, 02:03 PM
fatcat2
Driver

At the12volt it is missing my year ls400 which is a 97. Can someone help me out with that diagram? Thanks
Old 06-22-11, 03:53 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Uggh.

Please use the search function here. This has been asked beyond thousands of times.

First, the fact that you are asking for a diagram of the "Ignition System" scares the hell out of me. A remote start does tie into the ignition system. You may send 12volt+ to a true/second/second true ignition, starter/second starter etc, but we are never interfacing with the ignition system per se.

Additionally, you say that you don't even know what the door trigger wire is.

While I am all for DIY work and modifications, as a professional in the 12 volt field I cannot condone DIY'ers messing with the electrical systems of their cars. TOO many cars have come to me because "a friend" said they could install their remote start/alarm because either they stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night or because they read on the interwebs how easy it is. And I drop the dash only to find a rats nest of untaped wires. Live wires left unshielded and very dangerous unfused 12 volt connections.

Without basic understanding of the circuitry in your car the only result you can truly count on is a lot of non working devices in your car and a non working remote start/alarm.

I won't even get into the potential for serious damage.
Old 06-22-11, 11:18 PM
fatcat2
Driver

why do you assume my friend or i are installing it? its actually best buy who is. he couldn't find any of the wires and the wires weren't matching to his diagrams either. so i figured i would try the best place for lexus. but if i keep getting shot down like this whats the point of this site? i did try the search, multiple times with different wordings to see if i was just calling it something wrong but to no avail. so instead of ugghing me how about helping me? im tired of my car being at best buy.

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Uggh.

Please use the search function here. This has been asked beyond thousands of times.

First, the fact that you are asking for a diagram of the "Ignition System" scares the hell out of me. A remote start does tie into the ignition system. You may send 12volt+ to a true/second/second true ignition, starter/second starter etc, but we are never interfacing with the ignition system per se.

Additionally, you say that you don't even know what the door trigger wire is.

While I am all for DIY work and modifications, as a professional in the 12 volt field I cannot condone DIY'ers messing with the electrical systems of their cars. TOO many cars have come to me because "a friend" said they could install their remote start/alarm because either they stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night or because they read on the interwebs how easy it is. And I drop the dash only to find a rats nest of untaped wires. Live wires left unshielded and very dangerous unfused 12 volt connections.

Without basic understanding of the circuitry in your car the only result you can truly count on is a lot of non working devices in your car and a non working remote start/alarm.

I won't even get into the potential for serious damage.

Last edited by fatcat2; 06-22-11 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-23-11, 06:51 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by fatcat2
why do you assume my friend or i are installing it? its actually best buy who is. he couldn't find any of the wires and the wires weren't matching to his diagrams either. so i figured i would try the best place for lexus. but if i keep getting shot down like this whats the point of this site? i did try the search, multiple times with different wordings to see if i was just calling it something wrong but to no avail. so instead of ugghing me how about helping me? im tired of my car being at best buy.
Paranoid much????

My post wasn't even a response to you. I usually don't respond to thread jackers.

Next, if the installer at Best Buy "can't find the wires" you have even bigger problems.
Old 06-23-11, 10:18 AM
fatcat2
Driver

well considering that my post was the only real post that was posted this year or in the past 3 years i figured you were talking to me... well can anyone help me out?
Old 06-23-11, 10:54 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

I apologize then. I failed to look at the date of the original post.

The info for the 95-96 is correct on the12volt.com. You can also use bulldogsecurity.com for reference.

But I am very concerned that your installer at Best Buy "can't find the wires"!!!! It seriously alarms me when an installer says he can't find a wire. Any marginal installer with a DMM should be able to find the wires on this car, it is a rather easy car to do.

You may want to consider getting your car out of best buy and taking it somewhere that you can be confident in. Since the installer is having this difficulty I am not confident that any of his work would be safe or correct.