Sponsored by:

Lifetime Sirius Subscription

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 12:52 PM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Sirius Subscription

I was just wondering how many of you got the lifetime Sirius radio service? Worth it to you? $500 seems like a pretty good deal, but I'll have all of my songs at my disposal once I integrate my ipod. I only wish that Sirius and XM had repeaters under every bridge and overpass so the signal never cut out, but that'd probably cost hundreds of billions to install across the country.
Old 11-14-06, 01:20 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like lifetime pager service...you can't pay anyone to use it today. Oh yeah, it was a scam back then, the company went out of business a year or so latter in So. Cal.
I'm not saying that Sirius offer is a scam but a lifetime is an awful long time to pay for a service, who knows satellite might go belly up in a few years. HD radio seems to be pretty promising so far (best of all its a free service.)
Old 11-15-06, 01:21 PM
CrazyTrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, HD radio does sound promising, but you'd still have commercials and lots of aimless talking. Everything becomes obsolete at some point. I'm still debating over Sirius, but don't think it's worth it since I stick to only 2 or 3 channels anyway.
Old 11-15-06, 03:19 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep in mind that a lifetime subscription is still tied to a single radio. You can swap one radio for another, for upgrades every few years, but you still cannot share that subscription among multiple radios that you have. I personally like the freedom of paying on a yearly basis.
Old 11-15-06, 03:22 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vin 78
That sounds like lifetime pager service...you can't pay anyone to use it today. Oh yeah, it was a scam back then, the company went out of business a year or so latter in So. Cal.
I'm not saying that Sirius offer is a scam but a lifetime is an awful long time to pay for a service, who knows satellite might go belly up in a few years. HD radio seems to be pretty promising so far (best of all its a free service.)
After about 3 years the lifetime subscription pays for itself, break even point.
As for HD Radio, it's all about the CONTENT baby! HD Radio is more of the same garbage, in stunning digital clarity. They can keep it. Besides the fact that right now an HD Radio receiver is big bucks - $400+. I'm sure that price will come down, but the content point stands.