Sponsored by:

I Need Help Pleeeeeeeeease

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-05, 09:07 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I Need Help Pleeeeeeeeease

i have a 94 gs 300.it so happened that i got it used. i do not know if it came with a cd changer or not but the control in front has a cd button. when i press it it changes to cd but goes back to fm radio cos the cd does not work. when my technician opened the trunk we found a 12 disc changer in place with tha amp(both lexus of course). the technician said i needed the two plugs (harnesses) that fitted into the back of the cd changer. he said the other half that extended to from the back of the control in the front was still there and i needed just the other portion which went into the cd changer. i contacted the lexus dealership and they said they would only sell the entire wire harness for the car for 2800. i just need the two the plug into the cd changer. i got a set from ebay but they do not fit.
Pleeeeeeeeease i need help or advice on whtat to do. should i keep looking for these two plugs or can i get another cd changer (lexus or not )that already has wires and thenconnect it 2 the other half in the front control.
please i have had to listen to radio since i got the car.
the previous owner had a kenwood 6 cd changer hooked thru the fm radio but i took it out cos my buddy's lexus player sounds better.
pleeeeeeeeeeeeease what can i do to get a lexus cd changer in my car OR where can i get the two plugs that go into the back of the cd changer for the 94 gs 300 cd changer. I HAVE SEARCHED ONLINE AND A LOT OF JUNK YARDS 2 NO AVAIL. PLEASE I JUST NEED THE OTHER HALF OF THE WIRE HARNESS THAT GOES INTO THE CHANGER

SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY BUT I AM FRUSTRATED.
THANKS
Old 09-21-05, 09:22 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default Just Wanted To Add This

My Tech Searched For The Other Half In The Trunk But We Could Not Find It.
I Keep Reading About Premium Pioneer ?????
Do Pioneers Work With Lexus Or Did The Make Cd For Lex Like Nakamichi.
Please Need Help Still
Thanks
Old 09-21-05, 09:25 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wrong forum bro
Old 09-21-05, 10:01 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yes i can help. since i make custom gs harness for cars that didnt come with cd button radios i have the connectors and cd changer shielded wiring . my guess is the kenwood installer cut the wires to get the power and ground for the kenwood changer. also make sure the kenwood fm modulator is removed from the system or it could interferee with function. you may need to buy my complete gs harness and plug it into the radio and run it to the trunk. cd changer cables dont take well to splicing . they need to be metal shielded or will pick up interference. so if the original cable is cut farther back the 6 inches you need a whole new cabLE. i sell the cable for 90.00 shipped. it is 16 feet long of shielded cable and the 12 pin radio connector at radio end and the 2 connector 6 and 10 oin at the other. so try to trace the cd changer cable as it crosses under the rear seat sill plate channel into the trunk and see where it was cut. and you might save the 90.00 for the new custom 1994 gs cd changer completre cable. my solution isnt free but at least someone has a solution..for first generation sc, gs , ls es only the first generation cars that wernt ordered with cd changers came without cd button radios and cd changer cables.the pioneer and nakamichi systems were distinguished by the amplfiers not the cd changer . both systems used the same fujitsu made 12 disc. so the amp is pioneer or nakamichi depending on the system .

Last edited by lexusaudio; 04-21-06 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-24-05, 08:06 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default still waiting

hi,
still waiting on ur reply
since i have tried my best searching for a cable to connect my lexus cd changer to the radio in front but to no avail , i am contemplating on just getting a regular cd changer and connecting it thru the fm. But i really would like for the original lexus cd to work. any body please help before i go ahead and do it
please reply asap
Old 09-25-05, 10:06 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

i have the cd changer cable ready to send. email me at egusman@woh.rr.com for information.
Old 09-25-05, 08:56 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default thanks

hi,
i got ur e-mail.
i am ready 2 pay but are you sure it is going to plug into my gs 300 lexus cd changer and connect to the radio in front.
please e-mail me a picture of both ends of cable .
i am waiting on the picture.
i will pay as soon as i see the picture or photos.
you can send it to olddog@yorku.ca
i also like the idea of paying thru paypal.
thanks
please lets do this asap.
Old 10-11-05, 09:24 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

how did the 93 to 97 gs cd changer cable work? do you need any tech support to install it.
Old 10-13-05, 07:47 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default installing the wire

hi,
i do not know how to remove the head unit in the 94 gs 300
i need help.
thanks
Old 10-13-05, 07:52 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

the airducts on top of ac are held in by poputs connctors. so you use a blunt instrument to gently pry out the airduct. the ashtray under the radio also pops out. after the parts are removed there are 4 8mm screws top remove and the whole radio ac comes out.
Old 10-13-05, 08:05 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default heyyyyy

hey,
that was real fast
do you frequent this forum regularly
thanks man.
i will try it tomorrpw.
but is there a place where i can view pictures on doing it(would make me feel confident ).
hope u reply to this a s fast as the last thanks.