Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

No Volume from stereo system

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-01, 11:24 AM
David Davis

I purchased a 92 SC 400 2 months ago with the Premium Stereo system. Last Friday the system worked. The next day I had NO VOLUME. If I turned the volume **** to maximum, I could faintly hear the music.
I checked the wiring harness to the Amp under the CD changer and it appears OK. Could it be a fusible-link wire?
I am at a loss.
Can you help me?

David
Old 05-13-01, 01:01 PM
marcman18
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hope this helps

Dave
I have the same model and had a similar problem except mine problem was the subwoofer amp. The previous owner of the car did not play the music as loud and fequent as you probably do. Hopefully the problem is just a fuse. The amp is located underneath the cd changer in the trunk. You should see a harness connecting the amp. There is a very wierd looking fuse holder that is very difficult to open. It is not the sub amp because when mine went out the 4 other speakers worked. Now it is possible that you blew the amplifier. Now dont worry you dont have to get it at the dealer. I know a auto wrecker who wont rip you off. It is called Billy's Toyota/Lexus Parts. 800-884-0105. He says those amps blow all time. This is a very simple install. You simply take the other one out with a screwdriver disconnet the harness and reconnect the new one. Hope this helps.
Old 05-13-01, 02:22 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Hope this helps

Originally posted by marcman18
Now dont worry you dont have to get it at the dealer. I know a auto wrecker who wont rip you off. It is called Billy's Toyota/Lexus Parts. 800-884-0105.
Can Billy's also get Lexus CD changers? I've seen several people on the forum that are having CD changer problems and need an alternative to the dealer parts department. This could be a real find for them.
Old 05-13-01, 03:18 PM
marcman18
Driver

Smile

Billys can get you almost any lexus part you want. However as soon as you start talking nakamichi they jack up the price big time. They sold me a pioneer sub amp for $35 which was real cheap compared to $390 at the dealer. This is the only place I know of that has a lot of wrecked Lexus'. I would like to get a 98-2000 SC center consol. I have a 92 and I want the oak shifer and stuff. If you know anyone who has done this let me know. I HAVE DONE MAJOR RESEARCH ON AUTO WRECKERS THIS IS THE BEST ONE THAT I HAVE FOUND. Email me directly at new_super007@yahoo.com for more direct info.

Marc