Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Stock Sub Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-01, 10:07 AM
CiderMan

Question

Hi all, I own a 01' GS300 w/nav and recently I've noticed a sharp dropoff in the output of the stock subwoofer. It's as if the subwoofer has been muted somehow. The other stock speakers appear to be working as they have before. Through the trunk I can feel the subwoofer cone vibrate so it appears to be receiving some power. To clarify this further, the bass setting in the stock head unit is usually set one step above neutral and for my wife and I, this provided an adequate amount of bass. Now, the bass is set to full boost, and there's barely any bass to speak of. Any ideas? Blown sub? Blown fuse somewhere?

Just a little history, the car was recently serviced at the local dealership to repair a dent in the roof near the windshield (the dealership dented the roof while replacing the windshield in a previous visit). When I received the car, I noticed that the seat memory had been reset but the stereo and nav settings appeared as they were before. Shortly thereafter, I noticed the bass problem. This isn't good for a car that's only 5 months old. As you can imagine, I'm reluctant to bring the car back to this dealership to report this problem. If it comes down to it, I'll bring it to another dealership. Anyone with recommendations for the S.F. Bay Area?

Any help is much appreciated!
Old 05-13-01, 01:04 PM
marcman18
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am jealous that you are able to own such a nice vehicle. Congradulations. Since you car is so new and so expensive I would just take it back to the dealer. Unlike me you have a factory warranty that you can take advantage of. I think that car comes with a 48 month bumper to bumper. Those guys are the experts and work on these cars all time. GOOD LUCK
Old 05-13-01, 02:18 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me too

A few weeks ago I had a similar problem with my sub. Occasionally the volume was down and I'd also get an occasional ping or ring from it.

Brought it to the dealer -- they checked it out and ordered a new sub. A week later the new sub is in and the problem is solved.

Old 05-14-01, 09:05 AM
CiderMan

Default Thanks

Thanks for your input guys. I'll take it to a dealer in the area and have them check it out.