IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Skips Tires - Terrible Service - Rim Repair Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 12:46 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skips Tires - Terrible Service - Rim Repair Recommendations?

Over the weekend, my front driver side tires were on its last leg and ready to explode.
I called Skips Tires on Blossom Hill Road and asked what they had in stock.

Manager : Josh
Service Tech : Jeff

They informed me, "YES! Those tires are in stock, if you bring your can in before 4PM today we'll have it back to you the same day."

I told them, sure, let me get back to you today and I'll try to bring my car in before 4PM.
Around 2PM I dropped off the car, took care of paperwork and left the store.
I thoroughly inspected my car from head to toe, inside and out making sure there haven't been any "unwanted modifications" made to the car. It passed my inspection.

At 4PM they called and informed me the tires are not in stock and are at the warehouse. Then I asked them, why wasn't I informed of this earlier? "We spent several hours looking, tearing the store apart looking for these tires and didn't find. What we can do is have them ready for you by 10AM Monday (Today). Frustrated and upset I said I will pick it up tomorrow morning.

Monday comes around, I pick up the car and noticed the damage on my rear passenger side. The rims had a huge scrap and paint chipped off.
I spoke to my service technician and told him this wasn't there before.
He called for the manager, and the manager accused me by asking, "Did you hit a pothole or a bump?" Seriously now... I only drove 2 miles down the street to a gas station and noticed it while inspecting my car. Before I even signed the paperwork, I asked them, "You guys do a walk around of the vehicle before you service them right?" Their answer, "Yes we do."

The manager requests the paperwork from from files, he brought it out and showed me (5 mins later in black ink and not typed on computer) "one of the rims has minor damage" then I asked him, that ink looks fresh doesn't it? Now what are you guys going to do to fix this problem? They said we'll just touch it up with paint and we need your car for 24 hours. I was so upset I just left, and to top things off, they gave me the wrong tires. I asked for Pilot Super Sports, but ended up with Pilot Sports. Now I have to live with it.

TLDR

- Terrible customer service, they'll sell you the product first before they actually have them.
- Avoid being liable for all their actions, even with your vehicle is on their property
- Lack of customer service, terrible communication.
- Sell you lies, never accurate on schedules.
- All they want is the money, after that, to hell with you.
- Don't ever go here, I was forced to but totally regret going here.
- I do not recommend this place to anyone.
- I'm getting my services done from Lexus from now on, even if it's a extra 300 bucks.

I had my dash cam running in my car the entire time, I haven't gotten a chance to review it yet but will when I get home from work this evening.

Anyone have recommendations of vehicle rim repair?
I had their information somewhere but misplaced it.

Sucks how I have to form out my own money to fix my own rims, I just can't deal with their shady operation anymore I will just bite the bullet.
Old 06-01-15, 12:59 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found my old post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...im-repair.html

Brian Kadmiri
650-290-2801
www.jsinteriorsonline.com