Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Anyone Else Lowered And Having End Link Issues?

Old 01-04-15, 10:45 AM   #1
DoomBuggy
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Default Anyone Else Lowered And Having End Link Issues?

Got a 14 IS250 AWD F-Sport. Dropped on J5 Coilovers. Previously dropped on RSR Super Downs.

Towards the end of my tenure with the RSR springs, i noticed a rattle coming from the rear. Swapped everything out for the coilovers and noticed the rattle was still there. Took it into my shop and they found the drivers side sway bar end link was blown. I decided to swap out each side in the rear, bought the pair of links off Sewell and installed. Rattle went away and everything felt tight and firm.

Fast forward about 1-2 months and the rattle is back. This time i think its the passenger side. Sounds similar enough to where i think its probably another end link, but havent had it diagnosed yet.

Has anyone else been dealing with fragile end links? I had my previous cars lowered on stock stabilizer bar, control arms, etc but never had to replace anything. Are the stock end links too long for a lowered car? Too much pressure being put on them? I have the coilovers running soft damper settings right now. I have bottomed out on a few serious potholes and road lips, so I think stiffening them up and reducing the compression may help, but would appreciate some feedback/suggestions.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
DoomBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 12:03 PM   #2
LexSense
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Hmm interesting, I have a bit of a rattle noise going over speed bumps myself. I wonder if it's the end links though.

Keep us updated, as I'm on RSR Down's too. Might need an aftermarket solution if the Lexus ones aren't going to hold out.
Old 01-04-15, 12:03 PM