Need a part number

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-14, 06:02 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a part number

Hello,

I have gotten into a small accident and it seems the passenger side rear door shell needs to be replaced. Other shops said that at least outer door skin must replaced. I tried to search the part(s) on sewell but cannot successfully locate it. Does anyone know the part number? I appreciate in advance. Pictures are attached.
Attached Thumbnails Need a part number-img_2060.jpg   Need a part number-img_2061.jpg  
Old 09-21-14, 06:43 PM
IS1911
Driver

Unfortunately you have a relatively complex repair. Bring it to a professional body shop and let them obtain the parts for you. If you want to know the cost of the door skin contact a Lexus dealer but the sill repair could be just as costly depending on how they approach it. Hopefully they can pull that sill and smooth it out with a liittle Bondo. If not then you are looking at some metal replacement which can be pretty expensive.
Old 09-21-14, 07:03 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Thanks for your very reassuring post I talked to several body shops and all of them have a pretty good reputation in my area. They seemed to be very confident that the sill can be repaired without any issues. But I will talk to them once again about it since you mentioned that it can be a relatively complex repair.

I really don't want to buy it from a Lexus dealer or a body shop as they usually charge MSRP. I know Sewell has some good deals for CL members so if I knew the part number I could just order it online.
Old 09-21-14, 08:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

i don't think you can replace the rear quarter panel. You would have to reshape the damage area then repaint the whole right side of the car. I had similar damage to my previous car, it was not cheap repair.
Old 09-21-14, 09:11 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

yup they quoted me around 3.5K including parts, labor and sales tax
Old 09-22-14, 10:54 AM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Thanks for your very reassuring post I talked to several body shops and all of them have a pretty good reputation in my area. They seemed to be very confident that the sill can be repaired without any issues. But I will talk to them once again about it since you mentioned that it can be a relatively complex repair.

I really don't want to buy it from a Lexus dealer or a body shop as they usually charge MSRP. I know Sewell has some good deals for CL members so if I knew the part number I could just order it online.
I didn't mean to ruin your day my friend but I have to call it as I see it. You have a crushed body line on a compound curve. That's not an easy repair. It's not impossible, but it's not easy. There's certainly nothing wrong with you wanting to purchase the door skin yourself but I would check with your body shop of choice on their policies before you buy it. I've dealt with some shops that won't install body panels that weren't purchase through them. Others will install them but won't guarantee them or offer a very limited guarantee. Door skins aren't that expensive compared to other body panels. You don't want to lose out on the opportunity to use a particular shop that may perform the best work over $50-100. Good luck with your repair, I hope it exceeds your expectations.