IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F sport package vs non f sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-14, 09:16 PM
electrohou
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default F sport package vs non f sport

For those who have driven both, how significant is the suspension upgrade in the f sport? What about the extra additions with the f-sport, worth it? Considering both options and leaning towards the f-sport as of now, IS-350.
Old 09-19-14, 05:35 AM
Trish67
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. There's a similar thread already going that might help.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...errerid=243334

Good luck with your decision. At least it's a fun one to make!
Old 09-19-14, 06:34 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly for me the grill and digital gauge was enough motivation for me to buy the F-Sport lol.
Old 09-19-14, 08:00 AM
itsjdmyo
Rookie

what did it for me was the wheels, grill, digital cluster and suspension. what really did it for me was the sport+ suspension and front grill.
Old 09-19-14, 08:30 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

For me, it was suspension, grill, cluster, red interior. I have driven both as I had an IS250 loaner for a few days. I strongly prefer the handling of the F Sport.
Old 09-19-14, 11:15 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by electrohou
For those who have driven both, how significant is the suspension upgrade in the f sport? What about the extra additions with the f-sport, worth it? Considering both options and leaning towards the f-sport as of now, IS-350.
second best thing is to ask your bros and sis on CL what their opinions are, but the first best thing is to go drive them yourself and take your time doing so!! don't let your gf or wife, friends, or dealer distract or convince you in anyway. its your shhit, you're gonna have to pay for that biotch in full, so you and you alone better enjoy the car you roll off the lot with. go test out both and make your own choice. i think you'll know immediately what your choice is when you get out of the second test drive. good luck friend.

oh and i wanted to edit this to say one more thing, do not under any circumstances go above your means. if you can afford it 250 vs 350 or f sport vs non-f sport, then by all means go try it all out, but stay within your means if you're on a budget. if i was on a tight budget i may stretch it out to 4-5k extra if i wanted something so bad, but if i wouldn't go 5-10k above my budget..maybe there's an initial reason why i couldn't afford it or saved enough, or didn't qualify for a high amount in the first place (but luckily i personally do).

also, one thing that may help is look into their benefits, rebates, etc., they have military rebates, college grad (undergrad and graduate) rebates, and sometimes specific dealers/regions will have other rebates and incentives during particular months or quarters. spend time doing your research first. also, if you can qualify through lexus financial, make the transaction with them, a week or a month later, transfer it to a credit union that offers you a lower rate. you'll save quite a bit!

Last edited by AdvanSLF; 09-19-14 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-19-14, 11:20 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanSLF
second best thing is to ask your bros and sis on CL what their opinions are, but the first best thing is to go drive them yourself and take your time doing so!! don't let your gf or wife, friends, or dealer distract or convince you in anyway. its your shhit, you're gonna have to pay for that biotch in full, so you and you alone better enjoy the car you roll off the lot with. go test out both and make your own choice. i think you'll know immediately what your choice is when you get out of the second test drive. good luck friend.
I agree. "Don't ask for advice from people who won't share the consequences."
Old 09-19-14, 04:55 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 504 Likes on 250 Posts

For me it was the digital Cluster and the more side bolster front seats to go with Fsport
Old 09-19-14, 06:22 PM
Mtneer
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I drove them both and bought the 14' non F-Sport with the with Luxury package. I liked the F, especially the red interior but what I felt was a slight handling difference did not override the comfort of having auto wipers, cooled memory seats, etc... I just came out of an Audi S4 thought so I had my fill of the stiff ride and just want something that is a little better on my commute.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mtneer:
dteskmo (02-28-21), kj07xk (02-22-21)
Old 09-19-14, 08:15 PM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by Mtneer
I drove them both and bought the 14' non F-Sport with the with Luxury package. I liked the F, especially the red interior but what I felt was a slight handling difference did not override the comfort of having auto wipers, cooled memory seats, etc... I just came out of an Audi S4 thought so I had my fill of the stiff ride and just want something that is a little better on my commute.
You'll also now have the reliability which I'm going to guess you didn't have with Audi or you would likely purchased or leased another one. A really good friend of mine works for Audi and offered me any car I wanted with his employee discount. I said "thanks but no thanks" and bought the Lexus. They say the best thing about owning an Audi is that you eventually get to experience their entire line because of all the different loaners you'll have when yours is in the shop.
Old 02-20-21, 08:17 AM
ricccardo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Facts

Facts German cars unreliable.

Originally Posted by IS1911
You'll also now have the reliability which I'm going to guess you didn't have with Audi or you would likely purchased or leased another one. A really good
friend of mine works for Audi and offered me any car I wanted with his employee discount. I said "thanks but no thanks" and bought the Lexus. They say the best thing about owning an Audi is that you eventually get to experience their entire line because of all the different loaners you'll have when yours is in the shop.
Old 02-20-21, 01:33 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

When I was in the market, there weren't a lot of used IS's.. I ended up gettting the IS250 Luxury package one.. Driving both, I didn't notice the suspension being noticeably better. However, the gauge cluster in the F sport is amazing and the grill makes the car look way better. You should probably go with the F sport honestly
Old 02-20-21, 03:02 PM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

I got the fsport for the

1) Gauge cluster
2) Front grill
3) Great seats
4) Nicer Rims

If you can afford the extra money, the fsport package imo is a no brainer
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (02-22-21)
Old 02-22-21, 01:34 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 208 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by JBison73
I got the fsport for the

1) Gauge cluster
2) Front grill
3) Great seats
4) Nicer Rims

If you can afford the extra money, the fsport package imo is a no brainer
This sums it up.^
Old 02-22-21, 04:19 AM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtneer
I drove them both and bought the 14' non F-Sport with the with Luxury package. I liked the F, especially the red interior but what I felt was a slight handling difference did not override the comfort of having auto wipers, cooled memory seats, etc...
I agree with this, as I also bought a ‘14 and the non F-Sport offered more of what I wanted in the car:
1) A less ugly grill
2) Real leather seats
3) Desired options - heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, auto wipers, navigation

This was going to be my winter car, so I also went with AWD (and as my dad used to say, ‘get the biggest motor you can’, so of course it was the 350).
You have your own checklist of what you want in a car, so go for what ticks the most boxes.
The following users liked this post:
dteskmo (02-22-21)

Quick Reply: F sport package vs non f sport