IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Is350F (2015) - Couple of Strange issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-14, 06:06 PM
flip2014
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is350F (2015) - Couple of Strange issues

1) Have a IPOD classic 160g that i been using in my previous Acura and never had the following problem. It would be playing 3-5 songs and in the middle of playing without touching it, i would get a squealing noise coming from the speakers. The IPOD then can't be accessed until i do an IPOD reset (menu+play) i think. Then it would be fine for a another 20-30 minutes of songs and same thing. I tried making sure the cable was in, i changed the USB port to the another one in the car but same result. I called local lexus technology but they said they never heard of it.

2) Have Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S4 (android4..4.4) and no matter what i try, i don't get text messages or emails. Also want to note that when i start the car and it pairs the phone,it has the phonebook available and loads the current entries, but sometimes, when i go to look at the phonebook during the drive, it shows it greyed out sometimes, yet all my previous/recent calls are showing up fine. Getting back to the messaging, i have went thru the menu's and enabled everything but no luck. Again, spoke to Lexus Tech and the answer was it only works on Iphones, which i don't think is the case. Any help?

When someone text's me, it doesnt show up at all except on my phone (like normal). I looked in the phone settings where it has MAP but nothing shows up..anything to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.
Old 09-13-14, 06:22 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

I have the S3 and email doesn't work, but text does. The android version is 4.3. Sometimes my text doesn't show. That happened to me twice. Sometimes the Bluetooth sync and my music simply doesn't play. I only had to delete my phone from the car once.

When i receive my iphone6 i will see if this occurs.
Old 09-13-14, 06:49 PM
Obscene14
Driver

Originally Posted by flip2014
2) Have Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S4 (android4..4.4) and no matter what i try, i don't get text messages or emails. Also want to note that when i start the car and it pairs the phone,it has the phonebook available and loads the current entries, but sometimes, when i go to look at the phonebook during the drive, it shows it greyed out sometimes, yet all my previous/recent calls are showing up fine. Getting back to the messaging, i have went thru the menu's and enabled everything but no luck. Again, spoke to Lexus Tech and the answer was it only works on Iphones, which i don't think is the case. Any help?
Half the time my contacts don't transfer when I start the car. Eventually during the ride they transfer but then the car losses and regains them multiple times during the ride. Pretty frustrating when you want to make a call. I asked the tech guy at the dealer and he pretty much just gave me a blank stare and told me it was my phone. Meh, the contacts transferred just fine on the 2014 is250 I traded in. Same phone too. HTC One (M8)

My texts and emails come through fine though. At least that works ok!

Last edited by Obscene14; 09-13-14 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-13-14, 07:54 PM
flip2014
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Obscene14
Half the time my contacts don't transfer when I start the car. Eventually during the ride they transfer but then the car losses and regains them multiple times during the ride. Pretty frustrating when you want to make a call. I asked the tech guy at the dealer and he pretty much just gave me a blank stare and told me it was my phone. Meh, the contacts transferred just fine on the 2014 is250 I traded in. Same phone too. HTC One (M8)

My texts and emails come through fine though. At least that works ok!
What you described is exactly what I noticed, where the BT disconnects and reconnects during the drive.

Oh well.. I guess there isn't much we can do
Old 09-13-14, 08:08 PM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by kmanpete24
I pre-ordered one too. I hope there any issues with the Lexus App Suite. What most people might consider "main" apps aren't very important to me but I really like the weather map and I'm not always in a HD broadcast area so the car gets the data from the app suite in that case.
Old 09-15-14, 05:01 PM
flip2014
Driver School Candidate

Is there a trick to get back to RADIO or SAT from Iheart Radio. If Iheart is playing and I click the radio button, it goes right back to iheart, The only voice commands are for iheart so you cant do anything until back at main.

The long route is menu, etc but there has got to be a quicker way
Old 09-15-14, 05:10 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Media button switches between them, sat, radio, CD, etc...
Old 09-16-14, 06:20 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kmanpete24
I have the S3 and email doesn't work, but text does. The android version is 4.3. Sometimes my text doesn't show. That happened to me twice. Sometimes the Bluetooth sync and my music simply doesn't play. I only had to delete my phone from the car once.

I haven't been able to check to see if there is an option for this on the S3-S5 or the Note but on the iPhone you need to go to Bluetooth and then click the little "i" next to whatever you car is named as on your phone. After you click that, there is an option to "Show Notifications". This will allow the car to read and respond (when stopped) to messages from your phone. I haven't heard anything about being able to read emails but definitely text messages.

For the iPod issue, I connect my iPhone using Bluetooth for music and have it plugged in to the outlet in the center console instead of the USB. My USB port has issues playing music from my phone when connected or disconnected to Bluetooth. It gives me the "iPod Error" message. I haven't mentioned it to my dealership or found a way to fix it, just a way around it by using Bluetooth for music with a Bluetooth enabled device.