Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mouse Controller software/hardware issue

Old 07-01-14, 04:18 PM   #1
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Exclamation Mouse Controller software/hardware issue

Those of you out there who have yet to notice your mouse infotainment controller does not respond as desired should pay closer attention. Try going to radio and selecting stations.. say 3 then go to 1 and select. Does it respond as desired? Most often not. If you are position around preset 5 and move to one it may halt at 2 you the have to move the cursor around to get the proper response. You may have to tap the mouse over and over again to get it to go to preset 1. Lexus is well aware of the issue but apparently is failing to take any immediate action because most people don't even realize it is happening. They have updated the is for 2015 to use the new touchpad instead. This problem is absolutely happening with every 2014 is 250/350. It is actually dangerous. If you spend too much time referring to the screen wondering if your command will ever occur you can lose sight of the objective of driving safely. Please go to your cars and try out this issue to see for yourselves. We need a fix NOW.
This is not a minor bug it is a major safety issue.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
onemorecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 05:46 PM   #2
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate

If you don't post a reply in here or in the NV problem section then your on your own. We need numbers to get their attention.
Old 07-01-14, 05:55 PM   #3
dasbuch
Driver

Sorry to hear of the issues with your nav and hope you get it resolved, but about the accident concept I'm pretty sure Lexus is free and clear here. The default startup screen for these systems says do not look at the screen and drive -- from a legal perspective dinking around with the system while driving is only going to reflect badly on the driver.
dasbuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 06:10 PM   #4
VGer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecar View Post
Those of you out there who have yet to notice your mouse infotainment controller does not respond as desired should pay closer attention. Try going to radio and selecting stations.. say 3 then go to 1 and select. Does it respond as desired? Most often not. If you are position around preset 5 and move to one it may halt at 2 you the have to move the cursor around to get the proper response. You may have to tap the mouse over and over again to get it to go to preset 1. Lexus is well aware of the issue but apparently is failing to take any immediate action because most people don't even realize it is happening. They have updated the is for 2015 to use the new touchpad instead. This problem is absolutely happening with every 2014 is 250/350. It is actually dangerous. If you spend too much time referring to the screen wondering if your command will ever occur you can lose sight of the objective of driving safely. Please go to your cars and try out this issue to see for yourselves. We need a fix NOW.
I'll have to try this I always use the steering wheel controls, bypassing the mouse.
VGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 06:59 PM   #5
L0ngJ0hn
Rookie

My car does this too
L0ngJ0hn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 11:59 PM   #6
jhs82
Lead Lap

"Major safety issue"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegresS View Post
most people don't read the signatures- might as well say "banana banana banana"
jhs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 07:02 AM   #7
JDR76
Lexus Test Driver

I just tried this and mine works exactly as it should. I can go from 5 or 6 (or any other preset) to 1 with no hesitation or issue.

Note also that the touch pad is not being added to the 2015 IS.
Old 07-02-14, 08:22 AM   #8
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR76 View Post
I just tried this and mine works exactly as it should. I can go from 5 or 6 (or any other preset) to 1 with no hesitation or issue. Note also that the touch pad is not being added to the 2015 IS.
Me, too. Coincidentally, mine is a non F Sport but I don't think it matters. I can switch between different presets without hesitation.
Old 07-02-14, 09:30 PM   #9
VGer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGer View Post
I'll have to try this I always use the steering wheel controls, bypassing the mouse.
Tried it, it operates normally. Of course I also just found out I have the latest firmware in my system just released the 26th of June. Just happened to coincide with my 5000 mile check.
Old 07-02-14, 10:24 PM   #10
specONE
Pole Position

typerod
Send a message via ICQ to specONE Send a message via AIM to specONE

Quote:
Tried it, it operates normally. Of course I also just found out I have the latest firmware in my system just released the 26th of June. Just happened to coincide with my 5000 mile check.
Do you have a TSB number for this?
Only thing I can find on Alldata about Navigation update release June 2014 is for a 2014 CT200h
Old 07-03-14, 04:16 AM   #11
VGer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by specONE View Post
Do you have a TSB number for this?
Only thing I can find on Alldata about Navigation update release June 2014 is for a 2014 CT200h
See this thread:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-t...this-time.html
Old 07-03-14, 04:21 AM   #12
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Quote:
I use the steering wheel controls for this too. Between these controls and voice commands, I avoid using the mouse in most instances
Old 07-04-14, 08:38 AM   #13
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecar View Post
What's going on with this onemorecar? You seem to understand there's strength in numbers, wanting to get the word out and have others complain, but I messaged you, wanting to work with you towards resolution, yet your indifferent response and lack of response thereafter lends itself to the notion you don't want to. What gives? Never mind, I suppose! Good luck with your endeavor. lol. :|

We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.
dbs600 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 07:33 PM   #14
onemorecar
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys I have been traveling for work, Take a breath okay. Just got home after 2 days on planes. Let's figure this out together. Have a good holiday weekend.
Old 07-04-14, 07:33 PM   #15
ISFWes
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.
Here's another tip for you. And not just a Lexus.

Never buy a first year car.

Besides saving money. You get to let other people get the bugs worked out.
ISFWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-14, 07:33 PM

Tags
controller, mouse, nav, radio