Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - Third Generation (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation-249/)
-   -   Mouse Controller software/hardware issue (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-third-generation/748015-mouse-controller-software-hardware-issue.html)

onemorecar 07-01-14 05:18 PM

Mouse Controller software/hardware issue

Those of you out there who have yet to notice your mouse infotainment controller does not respond as desired should pay closer attention. Try going to radio and selecting stations.. say 3 then go to 1 and select. Does it respond as desired? Most often not. If you are position around preset 5 and move to one it may halt at 2 you the have to move the cursor around to get the proper response. You may have to tap the mouse over and over again to get it to go to preset 1. Lexus is well aware of the issue but apparently is failing to take any immediate action because most people don't even realize it is happening. They have updated the is for 2015 to use the new touchpad instead. This problem is absolutely happening with every 2014 is 250/350. It is actually dangerous. If you spend too much time referring to the screen wondering if your command will ever occur you can lose sight of the objective of driving safely. Please go to your cars and try out this issue to see for yourselves. We need a fix NOW.
This is not a minor bug it is a major safety issue.

onemorecar 07-01-14 06:46 PM

If you don't post a reply in here or in the NV problem section then your on your own. We need numbers to get their attention.

dasbuch 07-01-14 06:55 PM

Sorry to hear of the issues with your nav and hope you get it resolved, but about the accident concept I'm pretty sure Lexus is free and clear here. The default startup screen for these systems says do not look at the screen and drive -- from a legal perspective dinking around with the system while driving is only going to reflect badly on the driver.

VGer 07-01-14 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemorecar (Post 8607662)
Those of you out there who have yet to notice your mouse infotainment controller does not respond as desired should pay closer attention. Try going to radio and selecting stations.. say 3 then go to 1 and select. Does it respond as desired? Most often not. If you are position around preset 5 and move to one it may halt at 2 you the have to move the cursor around to get the proper response. You may have to tap the mouse over and over again to get it to go to preset 1. Lexus is well aware of the issue but apparently is failing to take any immediate action because most people don't even realize it is happening. They have updated the is for 2015 to use the new touchpad instead. This problem is absolutely happening with every 2014 is 250/350. It is actually dangerous. If you spend too much time referring to the screen wondering if your command will ever occur you can lose sight of the objective of driving safely. Please go to your cars and try out this issue to see for yourselves. We need a fix NOW.

I'll have to try this I always use the steering wheel controls, bypassing the mouse.

L0ngJ0hn 07-01-14 07:59 PM

My car does this too

jhs82 07-02-14 12:59 AM

"Major safety issue"??

JDR76 07-02-14 08:02 AM

I just tried this and mine works exactly as it should. I can go from 5 or 6 (or any other preset) to 1 with no hesitation or issue.

Note also that the touch pad is not being added to the 2015 IS.

AndyL 07-02-14 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDR76 (Post 8608412)
I just tried this and mine works exactly as it should. I can go from 5 or 6 (or any other preset) to 1 with no hesitation or issue. Note also that the touch pad is not being added to the 2015 IS.

Me, too. Coincidentally, mine is a non F Sport but I don't think it matters. I can switch between different presets without hesitation.

VGer 07-02-14 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGer (Post 8607815)
I'll have to try this I always use the steering wheel controls, bypassing the mouse.

Tried it, it operates normally. Of course I also just found out I have the latest firmware in my system just released the 26th of June. Just happened to coincide with my 5000 mile check.

specONE 07-02-14 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGer (Post 8609756)
Tried it, it operates normally. Of course I also just found out I have the latest firmware in my system just released the 26th of June. Just happened to coincide with my 5000 mile check.

Do you have a TSB number for this?
Only thing I can find on Alldata about Navigation update release June 2014 is for a 2014 CT200h

VGer 07-03-14 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specONE (Post 8609796)
Do you have a TSB number for this?
Only thing I can find on Alldata about Navigation update release June 2014 is for a 2014 CT200h

See this thread:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-t...this-time.html

CtSFox 07-03-14 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VGer (Post 8607815)

I use the steering wheel controls for this too. Between these controls and voice commands, I avoid using the mouse in most instances

dbs600 07-04-14 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemorecar (Post 8607662)

What's going on with this onemorecar? You seem to understand there's strength in numbers, wanting to get the word out and have others complain, but I messaged you, wanting to work with you towards resolution, yet your indifferent response and lack of response thereafter lends itself to the notion you don't want to. What gives? Never mind, I suppose! Good luck with your endeavor. lol. :|

We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.

onemorecar 07-04-14 08:33 PM

Sorry guys I have been traveling for work, Take a breath okay. Just got home after 2 days on planes. Let's figure this out together. Have a good holiday weekend.

ISFWes 07-04-14 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbs600 (Post 8611567)
We're all damned, and I'd think twice before considering Lexus again, at this rate.

Here's another tip for you. And not just a Lexus.

Never buy a first year car.

Besides saving money. You get to let other people get the bugs worked out.