IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Passenger side door issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 11:30 AM
rickpez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side door issue!!!

It wasn't something that happened all that frequently, but the door lock on the passenger side would occasionally get stuck when someone would try to open it at the same time I was unlocking the doors. And I understand that this is something that is common because I've experienced this same situation with other vehicles. But now when I unlock the doors be it by the door handle sensor, the remote key or when I'm inside the car it remains locked sometimes. The only way to unlock the passenger side door now is by repeatedly pressing the unlock button inside the cabin, remote key or manually unlocking the door from the inside.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this similar situation. I'm taking my car into the dealer tomorrow so they can take a look at it. Hopefully, this is only an isolated situation and just a part that has gone bad.
Old 04-28-14, 06:28 PM
Helterran
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be some switching is failing? or powerlock is failing?
Old 04-29-14, 10:02 AM
Boost786
Rookie

I have the same problem but with my drivers door. Some times when i unlock my car the lock gets stuck half way. I have to go to the passenger side and stretch over to manually unlock the door. locking and unlocking with the key fob doesnt help. It happens randomly and i could never duplicate it on my own... no sure if i should have the dealer look at it.
Old 04-29-14, 12:23 PM
es2gs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rickpez
It wasn't something that happened all that frequently, but the door lock on the passenger side would occasionally get stuck when someone would try to open it at the same time I was unlocking the doors. And I understand that this is something that is common because I've experienced this same situation with other vehicles. But now when I unlock the doors be it by the door handle sensor, the remote key or when I'm inside the car it remains locked sometimes. The only way to unlock the passenger side door now is by repeatedly pressing the unlock button inside the cabin, remote key or manually unlocking the door from the inside.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this similar situation. I'm taking my car into the dealer tomorrow so they can take a look at it. Hopefully, this is only an isolated situation and just a part that has gone bad.
My passenger door wont lock at all and I have a similar issue with my rear passenger door. Could it be the door lock actuator or something else?
Old 04-30-14, 12:26 PM
rickpez
Driver School Candidate

So I ended up not taking my car to the dealer because I went into the menu settings on the navigation screen and switched the door settings from open all doors back to just the driver side and then back to open all doors. I had recently switched the settings in the menu screen to open all doors but it seemed like it didn't communicate with the car. But now it seems to be working again.

This definitely seems to be an issue with the navigation software and something I will address to them once I take my car in for service. Although I'm sure they are aware that their navigation software is glitchy. Hah

Anyways, you guys should try changing the door settings in the menu and see if that works. If it doesn't work and you end up taking it to the dealer, than keep me updated.
Old 05-04-14, 12:51 PM
mahtbeezy
Driver School Candidate

mine got stuck and wouldn't open on the drivers side. I took to the dealer last week and they replaced the entire door lock and handle on the drivers side.