IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

First full day with my new IS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-14, 03:24 PM
343P005
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up my car yesterday and decided today to rack up some mileage and get comfortable with the car. It's an IS350 AWD with the Executive Package. I drove from Toronto to St Catherine's, so about 120KM each way. It was snowing mixed with rain with little accumulation on the highway both there and back. I am amazed at the drive. The car just feels so TIGHT and planted to the ground, even on wet surfaces. When I got back to Toronto I had to stop for a few things and had to chance to drive in a snowy parking lot. All I can say is WOW! The car just handles so well, turns on a dime, when on a snow covered surface and low speeds. I had it in Snow mode and was stunned. Note that I still have the All Season tires on as I am only getting my winter tires in Monday. I ordered Blizzak LM 32 tires and am very anxious to get them as I know the car will be a tank.
Things I love about the car after 24 hours and around 270KM of driving:
-Handling
-Power is nice, snooty delivery
-Engine seems smooth
-LED Headlights
-Mark Levinson Sound system
-Steering feel, more connected to the road than I thought it would be.... Feels very BMW and it feels like it has hydraulic steering and not electric -brakes are nice
-just a very very tight feeling car. I hope that feeling doesn't go away with age!!

What I am not crazy about:
-road noise. I expected a quieter ride with it being a Lexus. Then again, I am comparing to a 7 series
-hard ride, but it is a sports sedan and forgot what it was like to drive a car with such a stiff suspension, not complaining just takes getting used to it
-there are a couple of features in the usability of the navi interface that do not exist but I have on BMW iDrive.

Thats about it. Overall, very happy. I had a great day, just me and my car, getting comfortable with it.

Last edited by 343P005; 02-01-14 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-01-14, 03:44 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 343P005
Picked up my car yesterday and decided today to rack up some mileage and get comfortable with the car. It's an IS350 AWD with the Executive Package. I drove from Toronto to St Catherine's, so about 120KM each way. It was snowing mixed with rain with little accumulation on the highway both there and back. I am amazed at the drive. The car just feels so TIGHT and planted to the ground, even on wet surfaces. When I got back to Toronto I had to stop for a few things and had to chance to drive in a snowy parking lot. All I can say is WOW! The car just handles so well, turns on a dime, when on a snow covered surface and low speeds. I had it in Snow mode and was stunned. Note that I still have the All Season tires on as I am only getting my winter tires in Monday. I ordered Blizzak LM 32 tires and am very anxious to get them as I know the car will be a tank.
Things I love about the car after 24 hours and around 270KM of driving:
-Handling
-Power is nice, snooty delivery
-Engine seems smooth
-LED Headlights
-Mark Levinson Sound system
-Steering feel, more connected to the road than I thought it would be.... Feels very BMW and it feels like it has hydraulic steering and not electric -brakes are nice
-just a very very tight feeling car. I hope that feeling doesn't go away with age!!

What I am not crazy about:
-road noise. I expected a quieter ride with it being a Lexus. Then again, I am comparing to a 7 series
-hard ride, but it is a sports sedan and forgot what it was like to drive a car with such a stiff suspension, not complaining just takes getting used to it
-there are a couple of features in the usability of the navi interface that do not exist but I have on BMW iDrive.

Thats about it. Overall, very happy. I had a great day, just me and my car, getting comfortable with it.
Congrats! I wish Lexus Canada has executive package for IS350 RWD. Mark Levinson and LED headlamp are something I would miss.

What colour combo do you get? There are not that many regular IS350s on this forum.
Old 02-01-14, 05:54 PM
343P005
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's Starlight black mica with Flaxen leather. The reason I got the Executive Package was exactly for those reasons. It out weighed the F Sport. Also the seats in the non Fsport are real leather, f sport are not in order to save weight. That's the set up in Canada at least.