IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Driver side headlight Lower than passenger

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-14, 05:23 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side headlight Lower than passenger

Hello, i was wondering if anyone is annoyed by this like I am?

I know why it's done, and the concerns, but it bugs me to death.

Does anyone know how to adjust the headlights higher? I think i've figured it out, but I dont have a tool that's long and small enough to even adjust it...
Old 01-12-14, 05:40 PM
axis77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is by design for all vehicles. the driver side headlight is lower because it helps to not blind on coming traffic. But overall I know that the IS light level is pretty low which makes for not seeing really far ahead. When i first got my IS (2nd Gen) I had lexus raise my lights higher up to see further out but even though they still made me driver slightly lower.
Old 01-12-14, 05:59 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by axis77
I think this is by design for all vehicles. the driver side headlight is lower because it helps to not blind on coming traffic. But overall I know that the IS light level is pretty low which makes for not seeing really far ahead. When i first got my IS (2nd Gen) I had lexus raise my lights higher up to see further out but even though they still made me driver slightly lower.
you are correct. the driver side is lower to not blind drivers of oncoming traffic. all vehicles are made like this. word of advice, DO NOT play with the leveling!!!!!! every time you go get an inspection (in VA its annually), they will check the level of your lights. if it's off level, they will fail your inspection until you correct it. you can always adjust the level yourself (hex key, flat head, or phillips screw driver. however there is no way to know if its leveled to the height of which it's deemed legal, the garage guys have a machine that helps the calibrate the correct leveling height...i experienced this issue with my lowered car. had to pay the guy $20 or more, i forget, to level the lights so i could pass inspection.