Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have this same problem; this shouldn't happen 3 hours after a wash... :|
Old 03-14-14, 01:29 PM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
wash or rain, it still happens the next day!
Old 03-14-14, 01:47 PM
ultran00b8
Driver

I too have this problem, but what car doesn't? Let's be gracious that the windows don't actually get stuck during the winter like my Range Rover does. And I thought they tested those in harsh Arctic conditions...
Old 03-20-14, 09:09 AM
jay631987
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is weird is hand washing the car there is no streaking...but when it rains there will be streaks....ive only driven about 20 mins in light rain....im sure I hosed much more water to wash my car...
Old 03-21-14, 10:55 AM
morton87
Rookie

Yeah its annoying i have microfiber cloth in my glove box now to deal with this once it happens, just looks tacky i think to leave it that way. Though i doubt anyone on the outside can even see it with the tint i have but i can see it so it must be dealt with
Old 03-21-14, 11:45 AM
FSPORTJC
Pole Position

Every car Ive owned has done this.. and no not cheap cars.

SMH biggest pet peeve when it comes to cars.. don't even get my started about the FSport front brake dust issue.
Old 03-30-14, 08:29 PM
hangandrew
Rookie

Does this still happen to anyone? it's pretty annoying...I've never had this happen to any other cars I've had. I mean, maybe for like an hour or so, but even when I roll down the window the next day, it still leaves streaks...any way to fix this?
Old 03-30-14, 08:32 PM
morton87
Rookie

Originally Posted by hangandrew
Does this still happen to anyone? it's pretty annoying...I've never had this happen to any other cars I've had. I mean, maybe for like an hour or so, but even when I roll down the window the next day, it still leaves streaks...any way to fix this?

Yep just happened to me today after i got my car washed. I am hoping that once it getting hotter later later in the year here in Arizona that i wont have to deal with it. But as it is now, after i get the car washed i row the windows up and down once, let tings dry then use a microfiber cloth to remove the marks and i am good tell the next wash or rain.
Old 05-20-14, 04:28 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!!!

Take my car to a car wash this morning.

Go to work.

It's 75 degrees and sunny out.

Go to the gym.

Get out of the gym.

Roll down the windows because hot.

Get home.

Roll up the windows.

THEY STREAK!!! WTF!!! ???

Who's complained to your dealer / corporate about this yet?

THIS NEEDS A FIX.
Old 05-20-14, 07:33 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is normal for any cars unless you have some rain repellent coating on it which would help a lot.

You can apply rain repellent coating on all windows even on the front door windows which already have the coating applied in the factory.

When water is beading on the window, the glass won't streak as much.
Old 05-20-14, 09:23 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

very easy fix. use the A/C
Old 05-20-14, 10:23 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

my back window streaks for whatever reason - there are like streak marks that i can see if i look in the rearview mirror whether or not the car has just been washed or hasn't been washed in a week. it's super annoying and the dealer has no explanation to give. i'm totally confused.

the streaks seem to flow to a bottom/lower point from the top of the rear window. ugh.
Old 05-21-14, 08:26 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AndyL
This is normal for any cars unless you have some rain repellent coating on it which would help a lot.

You can apply rain repellent coating on all windows even on the front door windows which already have the coating applied in the factory.

When water is beading on the window, the glass won't streak as much.
Thanks for the suggestions, but this is not normal. I've had many cars, and after several hours in the sun on a warm day after a wash, the windows do not streak. Apparently, too much water too easily seeps into our doors, which doesn't dry.

Originally Posted by tea
very easy fix. use the A/C
That's not a fix.

Originally Posted by davyjordi
my back window streaks for whatever reason - there are like streak marks that i can see if i look in the rearview mirror whether or not the car has just been washed or hasn't been washed in a week. it's super annoying and the dealer has no explanation to give. i'm totally confused.

the streaks seem to flow to a bottom/lower point from the top of the rear window. ugh.
I don't think we're on the same page. I'm referring to the side windows; when they're rolled down and then back up...
Old 05-21-14, 03:27 PM
mrhappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kwik8276
It's wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them , every time I wash the car and it's nice and dry then many hrs later I still roll the window down and it's still wet and streaks with wet marks , even the next day , continues to streak . So don't know if this is normal for these cars or not , any help would be great :-)

I have a technique that helps prevent that for me when I wash my car myself After drying the car, I roll down all four windows about two thirds the way down. I then dry the top edge of each window, where normally you can't quite reach when they're rolled up. Then, when I roll the windows up, most of the water that had found it's way down the window 'sticks' to the window on the way up. I then dry that up. After a short time, subsequent roll ups/downs are almost always streak free.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-14, 06:52 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

I don't think we're on the same page. I'm referring to the side windows; when they're rolled down and then back up...
we're totally not on the same page. i was just mentioning a tangentially-related issue i am having with window streaking, albeit of a different nature.

although, as someone stated above, i, too, don't think that i've ever owned a car that hasn't had side windows streak when rolling them up/down after the car has been wet.

Quick Reply: Window streaking