IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Honest review of hid powerhouse led kit 2014 3is

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-14, 04:36 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
Ken, if i could make a suggestion for you. i brought this up before as well and i think it will help a lot for future customers.
you really need to put up some good quality pictures of the actual bulbs the customer is buying.
the LP4 and panels bla bla makes sense to you because your holding them in your hand! when we cannot see what exactly we are buying it makes it a tough sale for a consumer to part with several hundred bucks looking at the installed pictures.
i think i would prefer to see the actual product i am about to buy before i buy it.

if you could also put in the 3IS section the type of factory bulb in each location, then a corresponding suggestion bulbs that fit in the specific location it would help picking a product from your website tremendously.
Thanks for the input Kevin. We will work on that and make updates to our website. Cheers!
Old 01-01-14, 04:43 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
Ken, if i could make a suggestion for you. i brought this up before as well and i think it will help a lot for future customers.
you really need to put up some good quality pictures of the actual bulbs the customer is buying.
the LP4 and panels bla bla makes sense to you because your holding them in your hand! when we cannot see what exactly we are buying it makes it a tough sale for a consumer to part with several hundred bucks looking at the installed pictures.
i think i would prefer to see the actual product i am about to buy before i buy it.

if you could also put in the 3IS section the type of factory bulb in each location, then a corresponding suggestion bulbs that fit in the specific location it would help picking a product from your website tremendously.

Good point.

And Ken, in addition to the existing light output pictures you have for the HID bulbs, display pictures showing the front of the car with the different bulbs on. There will be customers like me that will consider the color matching of the bulb to the LED DRL strip.
Old 01-01-14, 10:01 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Good point.

And Ken, in addition to the existing light output pictures you have for the HID bulbs, display pictures showing the front of the car with the different bulbs on. There will be customers like me that will consider the color matching of the bulb to the LED DRL strip.
Noted, thank you kindly. We will work on that and try our best to capture the color differences for the HID bulb color temperatures.
Old 01-01-14, 10:43 PM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

Attention: HID Powerhouse customers and ClubLexus members

We are pleased to announce that our HID Powerhouse team has come up with a permanent solution for the installation of our K Series LED panels.

What is the problem?
Our K Series LED panels are normally sold as a standalone unit, with the proper connectors and 3M adhesive mounting tape attached to the backside of the LED panel. Our customers have informed us that it was difficult to mount the LED panels using the 3M adhesive mounting tape provided because of the limited design on the Lexus light housing (both front and rear), which made it a challenge to secure the LED panel permanently. Also, without properly mounting the LED panels, it does not maintain a factory-like appearance after the LED panels were installed.

What will HID Powerhouse do?

HID Powerhouse now has a conclusive answer with respect to the concerns raised by our customers. We have put together a piece of ultra-thin polypropylene sheet that is translucent (invisible when looking through the lens cover) and the LED panels (already has 3M adhesive tape attached) will be mounted onto the polypropylene sheet with the 3M adhesive tape. This will help align the LED panels before re-installing the lens cover. As such, the LED panels, once installed, will retain a factory-like appearance when looking through the lens cover, whether the LED panels are on or off.

1) For all customers including ClubLexus members and non-ClubLexus who have purchased our K Series LED panels for their 2014 Lexus IS250/IS350/IS300h front and rear maplights and center domelight, please contact us via private message or e-mail. We will verify your information and will arrange to send out the necessary mounting hardware at no cost to you. The integrity of your vehicle WILL NOT be compromised as there are no modifications needed to the LED panels, the installation hardware, and your vehicle.

2) For all K Series LED packages (currently 3 different K Series LED packages are available), we will be including the necessary mounting hardware for our customers so that the LED panels can be mounted in accordance with the design of the light housing and lens cover, so as to maintain the factory-like appearance. The integrity of your vehicle WILL NOT be compromised as there are no modifications needed to the LED panels, the installation hardware, and your vehicle.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel welcome to contact us via private message or e-mail and we will do our best to assist you. We are always here to provide assistance to our customers, whether it is before or after their purchase. We have responded and provided a solution within 48 hours, doing the best we can to address this matter in a timely manner.

We reiterate that our LED panels, like all of our products, are of high quality and undoubtedly is well-engineered and well-design to be installed on luxury vehicles such as Lexus. The fitment issue noted here is relatively minor and as such we have come up with a solution promptly. We are proud of all products we sell and we will not sell LEDs that we, ourselves, are not comfortable with installing on our own vehicles (our shop cars includes the 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport and 2013 Scion FR-S). Again, we are extremely confident in the products we sell, we stand behind our products and we take pride in the quality of our products.

Once again for our customers who have ordered our K Series LED packages (with front and rear LED panels for maplights and domelights), kindly contact us and we will take care of you as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate the opportunity to resolve the aforementioned fitment issues associated with the LED panels.

Best regards,
HID Powerhouse

Last edited by HIDPH; 01-01-14 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-02-14, 02:52 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a good solution that might work.

When I mounted my led panels with foam, I experienced problems with the 3m backing of the led panels, as the glue just did let go of the foam. Also tried some plastic parts instead, but the 3m backing let go of that as well.
You might have to experiment a bit with this new solution in various temperatures, so see that it holdes the panels in place, so they don't let go.

I wuld try from -20 celcius up to 50 clecius, as these temperatures are normal in cars that travel in various climates. No doubt northern parts of the world can have - 20 in the wintertime, and a car baking in texas sun in the summertime will have 50 degrees inside.
Glue behaves very diffrent in these temperatures.
Old 01-03-14, 08:51 AM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by magne
Seems like a good solution that might work.

When I mounted my led panels with foam, I experienced problems with the 3m backing of the led panels, as the glue just did let go of the foam. Also tried some plastic parts instead, but the 3m backing let go of that as well.
You might have to experiment a bit with this new solution in various temperatures, so see that it holdes the panels in place, so they don't let go.

I wuld try from -20 celcius up to 50 clecius, as these temperatures are normal in cars that travel in various climates. No doubt northern parts of the world can have - 20 in the wintertime, and a car baking in texas sun in the summertime will have 50 degrees inside.
Glue behaves very diffrent in these temperatures.
To mount the LED panels, we found that the polypropylene plastic is the right kind of material to use for this, due to its translucent finish and it being a solid piece without carrying too much weight and is also thin enough to fit inside the housing. The rest of our LED lights that are non-panel based are very easy to install. The LED panels requires a tad little more work when positioning them inside the lens cover.

As you may be aware, polypropylene is a material widely used in the automotive industry, particular for body parts and add-on aerodynamic parts like front lip spoilers and trunk spoilers among others.

As noted, our LED panels come with a 3M Adhesive Mounting Tape is capable and able to hold up to 5 lbs. As such, the LED panels can simply be mounted using the tape provided to the polypropylene plastic piece. If we are taking this to the most extreme case with extreme temperatures, another alternative is to remove the mounting tape on the backside of the LED panel and using a glue gun and apply glue to the backside of the LED panel (also known as printed circuit board) to marry the LED panel and the polypropylene plastic piece. The method of using glue (glue gun) would certainly be an overkill for many because our 3M Adhesive Mounting Tape is quite effective as is. The clear glue is excellent for bonding heat-sensitive materials, in this case, the LED panel is somewhat heat-sensitive. However, this is quite technical and for majority of our customers, the 3M Adhesive Mounting Tape provided with each LED panel serves its purpose well.

At the end of the day, we offer more than just the LED panels (lighting upgrades) for the 2014. We have other LED products that are designed like the factory bulbs and sit exactly like the factory bulbs if one is not looking to monkey around with fitting LED panels. The polypropylene plastic piece is quite an effective solution for fitting the LED panels in the housing and we have received a few orders for our LED panel packages already, knowing that they will be provided with the mounting piece for the LED panels.
Old 01-03-14, 11:45 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I would think that if you are having that much trouble sticking the panels to the plastic, you could simply take a piece of clear packing tape and wrap the tape around the panel and the plastic. I think that would hold it nicely