IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-13, 03:24 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
You should see if you can get preapproved. I was going to go with Lexus Finance and get the $750, but they couldn't beat my banks rate. It was way lower so I went through the bank instead.
I did and they also try to give me some ridiculous rate and I told them what I had from credit union and while they couldn't match it they came very close with longer term. I have option to keep it or just pay it off after keeping it for 30 days which is the requirement to get the $750 rebate per my sales rep.

So far my experience with the dealer has been that you have to let them know what you want and is acceptable to you. They have not given me their best offer as their first offer.
Old 12-22-13, 05:45 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I did and they also try to give me some ridiculous rate and I told them what I had from credit union and while they couldn't match it they came very close with longer term. I have option to keep it or just pay it off after keeping it for 30 days which is the requirement to get the $750 rebate per my sales rep.

So far my experience with the dealer has been that you have to let them know what you want and is acceptable to you. They have not given me their best offer as their first offer.
And they won't give you their best offer. The dealer also makes money on the financing. So they really have no incentive to offer you the best rates. Unless you really want to finance through Lexus, you can find better deals elsewhere. I stuck with Lexus Financial Services only because it was easy and I will be paying the car off as soon as the first payment is due in February.

Oh, and before I forget, I heard nothing about a $750 rebate on financing. And I asked. All of those deals appear to be for leases and the IS250. At least that is what I was told. Anything unexpected in my favor would have been nice. Certainly wasn't a deal breaker though.
Old 12-22-13, 07:42 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moose66
And they won't give you their best offer. The dealer also makes money on the financing. So they really have no incentive to offer you the best rates. Unless you really want to finance through Lexus, you can find better deals elsewhere. I stuck with Lexus Financial Services only because it was easy and I will be paying the car off as soon as the first payment is due in February.

Oh, and before I forget, I heard nothing about a $750 rebate on financing. And I asked. All of those deals appear to be for leases and the IS250. At least that is what I was told. Anything unexpected in my favor would have been nice. Certainly wasn't a deal breaker though.
You are right about them not giving you their best offers. Their first offer on my car was $500 off MSRP and on rates it was ~ 3.74% and their second was 2.49%. I told them I had 1.49 from credit union and they would have to be in the 1s and they came back with 1.99%, LOL! I verified with my sales rep couple times on the $750 rebate. It's part of DTR sales event and I have to take delivery on my car by 1/2/14, that is if they can get my car here on time!

When I first inquired about any specials for IS350 when CtSFox posted there were financing specials, my sales rep said he wasn't aware of any but would check and he confirmed the $750 rebate.

Any ways what was your document fees and things if you don't mind sharing?

Last edited by SonyHome; 12-22-13 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-22-13, 09:32 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Doc Fee - $499
License/Registration Fee - $74
Title - $50
Old 12-22-13, 11:49 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moose66
Doc Fee - $499
License/Registration Fee - $74
Title - $50
My first reaction to $500 doc fee is not wanting to pay that but perhaps I need to understand what the heck that is? What is it exactly that dealer is charging $500 for? Is this typical of everyone her who purchased to have paid $500 for this?
Old 12-22-13, 01:04 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
My first reaction to $500 doc fee is not wanting to pay that but perhaps I need to understand what the heck that is? What is it exactly that dealer is charging $500 for? Is this typical of everyone her who purchased to have paid $500 for this?
do you want the truth?

the Doc fee or dealer handling fee is usually given to either the sales person as a commission or kept by the owner of the dealership just because he owns the dealership and get a piece of the pie, that's why they are so reluctant to give it up.
call it profit for the dealership if you like. nothing more, nothing less, just another item they can make money on.
Old 12-22-13, 01:27 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
do you want the truth?

the Doc fee or dealer handling fee is usually given to either the sales person as a commission or kept by the owner of the dealership just because he owns the dealership and get a piece of the pie, that's why they are so reluctant to give it up.
call it profit for the dealership if you like. nothing more, nothing less, just another item they can make money on.
And I might add one cost/charge that is very hard to negotiate off of a deal. The dealership will spill blood before giving it up. You will hear it called everything from advertising, to cost of having the car on the lot (insurance), etc. You name it. Good luck trying not to pay it.
Old 12-23-13, 08:02 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
do you want the truth?

That make me feel much better about paying this! I still think this is worthless fee that provides no value to end consumers. Why should we have to pay this? Is this something everyone paid $500 for when they picked up their car?