IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Regret is250 f-sport (vs getting GS)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-13, 01:43 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carderoni
I agree completely. I was dead set on not 'wasting' my money on navigation in any new car, but now that I have it I'm never buying another that that doesn't have it. Speed limits, traffic reports, route guidance and especially the accuracy are FAR better than my phone's GPS + Google Maps.
Yep, although the input method sucks, there are tons of other added features this makes it worth it.
Old 10-10-13, 01:47 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

That and the fact that you don't have to have a device suctioned to the windshield with wires running down the dashboard.
Old 10-10-13, 02:53 PM
Vulaj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vbx
Yep, although the input method sucks, there are tons of other added features this makes it worth it.
Ugh what do I do man I want a damn navigation badly!!!!!! ****!!!!! I did to think I had any use for it :/
Old 10-10-13, 02:57 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vulaj
Ugh what do I do man I want a damn navigation badly!!!!!! ****!!!!! I did to think I had any use for it :/
haha. just think of it like the fsport clusters. It's cool for a couple days. after that, it's just there.
Old 10-10-13, 04:04 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alexlude
This sounds so contradictory to what you ended up buying... how did it suit you well but practically was missing over 50% of what you wanted?

Agree with other poster that you should get rid of your unhappy car now... if you are unhappy with a car should just trade it in or sell it!!

My analogy to these situations of buyers remorse is like having a 1 night stand with an ugly chic, getting married overnight in Vegas cuz you were drunk off your a**, and waking up the next morning saying WTF?! No use in keeping something that doesn't make you happy, right?

If you don't like it, get out now!!! hahah LOL
LOL! Is this from personal, um, experience!? LOL!
Old 10-10-13, 04:07 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

I know it sounds ridiculous right? At the time I saw the rims grille and lfa inspired gauges and those are what sucked me in I forgot I wanted a more luxurious care..I'm an idiot and it's killing me!!!! That car is nice but the multimedia system in a non nav is junk !!!! I dunno man :;(
Don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. It's how you handle yourself after mistakes makes the difference. I would check with the dealer to see if you can somehow get Navigation system otherwise look after market!
Old 10-10-13, 06:08 PM
G8rGirl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone out there purchase a new is250 f-sport? I did with no navigation and I fully regret it.. After 2 weeks of using the multimedia interface I'm over it...in over having the cup holders in my way while I'm trying to use the crappy **** to go back to a song that was playing already to see what the next 5 songs are on my play list.

I regret getting an is in general as I'm 6'1 250 and barely fit in the damn bucket seats. I should've stuck with my guy and either got luxury is250 or just stayed with a bigger car (GS 250) I came from a chrysler 300 hemi which regardless is nice but I'm just over the is250 already...

Lfa inspired gauges are boring after 2 hours of hitting the menu button on the steering wheel.. I'm over the small console as well..

Kk enough venting I can keep going on and on but I hope the people who are trying to decide on an is luxury vs is f-sport pick luxury and I hope the people who are trying to decide on a GS 250 vs is250 will make the right decision because you don't want to be like me and sit in a 40,000 car that you really don't even enjoy :/

By the way did I mention the speakers sound awful as well? ;( sorry yall not trying to hate on the is250 it's a beautiful car...just not meant for everybody that's all!
If you are unhappy with the car, trade it in for a GS -or- sell it while the miles are still low. No sense in keeping something you are not happy with.
Old 10-11-13, 12:57 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another victim of IS.
Old 10-11-13, 01:51 PM
sportpop
Driver School Candidate

Smile 2014 IS f sport vs 2013 GS f sport

In January of this year, I traded my 08 IS 350 in on a new GS 350 f sport. I loved the IS , except for the hard ride. I like a good handling and sporty car. I am use to a small car and unfortunately the GS has become a very big car and the handling has suffered, as it has a lot of oversteer on tight corners. The electronics and smooth ride are great , but the car is sluggish on performance and handling. As a result, I have ordered a 2014 IS 350 f sport, which is supposed to arrive sometime in December of this year. I test drove the new f sports, IS 250 and 350 and I agree, the IS 250 is severely lacking in performance and the car was not enjoyable to drive. For those of you that are looking for a big luxury car, then a new GS would be a good fit. The new GS is as big as some of the older LS cars. sportpop