IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-14, 06:30 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 343P005
Exactly my point. Wouldn't make a big fuss for a Navi issue when it's not related to safety or performance.
The Nav and enform have severe LAG is a performance issue. Probably a safety issue to. If people are driving and waiting for their screen to load.
Old 03-01-14, 11:40 PM
RexRacer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rats, my 2014 350 F-Sport just started with the random nav shutdown which turns off radio and restarts after about 10 secs... Anyone getting any luck on getting this fixed? Plus iphone phone connect contact and transfer of call log data doesn't work at random times too.
Old 03-01-14, 11:44 PM
thaialism
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RexRacer
Rats, my 2014 350 F-Sport just started with the random nav shutdown which turns off radio and restarts after about 10 secs... Anyone getting any luck on getting this fixed? Plus iphone phone connect contact and transfer of call log data doesn't work at random times too.
my 14' 250 f-sport does this too...
Old 03-02-14, 01:41 AM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RexRacer
Short answer on nav shutdown and reboot is "no." Please report this to your dealer so that they can start pressuring Lexus corporate for an answer.
Old 03-03-14, 06:53 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of confuses me is why does our car seemingly have an entirely different software package than all the others? I just had an RX350 loaner and everything looked much different, menus, etc. I know the GS has a similar system to the RX as well. So why is ours so different? It's obviously not any better.
Old 03-03-14, 07:04 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
What kind of confuses me is why does our car seemingly have an entirely different software package than all the others? I just had an RX350 loaner and everything looked much different, menus, etc. I know the GS has a similar system to the RX as well. So why is ours so different? It's obviously not any better.
The system in the 3IS is the newest generation of navigation from Lexus and will make its way through the lineup. It is now also in the new GX and CT.

There are flaws, no doubt, but I find the functionality to be much, much better than the system in my RX. You can't even compare the two when it comes to voice commands and searching. The 3IS nav displays speed limit, which I also find to be helpful. I also enjoy the ability to split and customize the screens.

So despite the hiccups, I would still prefer to have the newest system on my RX.
Old 03-03-14, 07:55 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
So despite the hiccups, I would still prefer to have the newest system on my RX.
LOL; I'd rather the system in my 2004 LX, which is fast and stable; no problem ever.

Almost as if Lexus released a pre-Beta version of this system to us as guinea pigs.

10 years, only to go backwards; need acknowledgment and a solution already.

On the verge of becoming unacceptable, time-wise.

Last edited by dbs600; 03-03-14 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-03-14, 08:00 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
LOL; I'd rather the system in my 2004 LX, which is fast and solid; no problem ever.

Almost as if Lexus released a pre-Beta version of this system to us as guinea pigs.

What I find interesting is that there is no talk of any nav issues in the GX forums, despite the same system. Different hardware/interface (touch screen) in the GX, but I doubt this is a remote touch issue. I'm watching to see if the GX owners start to experience the reboots and slowness as well.
Old 03-03-14, 08:36 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76

What I find interesting is that there is no talk of any nav issues in the GX forums, despite the same system. Different hardware/interface (touch screen) in the GX, but I doubt this is a remote touch issue. I'm watching to see if the GX owners start to experience the reboots and slowness as well.
I've been watching the GX forums too and I noticed there's no discussion of nav problems.....interesting.
Old 03-03-14, 09:36 PM
RexRacer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Short answer on nav shutdown and reboot is "no." Please report this to your dealer so that they can start pressuring Lexus corporate for an answer.
I have and it's currently overnight at the dealer now while their tech drives it around to try and replicate the issue and run diagnostics. He has a 8 in 60 chance of replicating it since it's randomly happened 8 times in 60 days lol. Maybe they'll credit my lease with the miles the service dept puts on it , I figure I've got about as much chance in that happening than they do of catching it randomly resetting. But at least I reported it and will continue to do so.
Old 03-04-14, 06:30 AM
KLMDIS350
Driver School Candidate

I am in the same boat as RexRacer. Dealer has the car now, trying to replicate the problem. Seems like until a fix is created, the best the dealer can possibly do is to replace my unit with another one that likely will have the same problem at some point.
Old 03-04-14, 08:19 AM
splat0023
Rookie

Yeah i had the dealer just call me and ask me to give them my car for the next few days so they can go through the system and possibly replace they whole system but i said why it will just do the same thing. Until there is a actual fix for it i don't see the reason to give you this car so it can sit in the lot for a few days and nothing be done.

I've had my car since September and have had the issue since October when i got the software update.
It is very frustrating knowing that i spent 50k on a car and it doesn't function like it is supposed to . I also said that if there is a way i would be more then happy for them to buy it back and i will purchase something that works properly. I am now still waiting to hear back again .
Old 03-04-14, 09:05 AM
KLMDIS350
Driver School Candidate

Just an update for those following this issue. Dealer just called, and they were unable to replicate the issue. Due to TSB about the issue, they reinstalled V10A8500 version of the fimrware. That is supposedly the most-recent, though it is also what was already on my car. Dealer also reports that pairing certain phones with the Nav appears to impact whether or not a unit randomly reboots. Suggested not pairing my phone for a week or two to see if problem persists.
Old 03-04-14, 10:00 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

You know, there may be something to that. I had an HTC One when I was having my issues. I've then since moved over to a Nokia Lumia (Windows Phone) and at the same time as that change was when my firmware was updated. I can't use Enform anymore since it doesn't exist for WinPhones, so I've been controlling Pandora/Spotify on the phone and just using bluetooth. Things run WAY smoother than they had been.
Old 03-04-14, 10:47 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Most of my reboots occurred when I kept a dedicated iPod plugged into the USB. I've had my phone (iPhone 5) connected via Bluetooth the entire time and stream my music now instead of USB. I disconnected the Bluetooth for a few days to see if that stopped the reboots while keeping the iPod connected to USB; it didn't. My issue is almost non-existent now that I don't use the USB port (of course, I've probably just jinxed myself ). Since, mine tend to happen right after I start the car, I was able to record the Nav reboot and sent the link to my dealer. I figured that's better than leaving my car with them out in the elements and having to drive a loaner.

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved