IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-13, 06:30 AM
c3po33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My screen rebooted today for the first time.

The screen was on Media Player since I was playing music off my USB flash drive.

About 4 to 6 week ago my mouse stopped working until I restarted the car but I have never had the screen crash and reboot before.

It startled me for a second since I was exiting an off ramp at about 53 MPH when the screen just went black for a few seconds and then rebooted.
Old 10-17-13, 09:09 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by c3po33
My screen rebooted today for the first time.

The screen was on Media Player since I was playing music off my USB flash drive.

About 4 to 6 week ago my mouse stopped working until I restarted the car but I have never had the screen crash and reboot before.

It startled me for a second since I was exiting an off ramp at about 53 MPH when the screen just went black for a few seconds and then rebooted.
Mine reboots a lot more if I have USB plugged in. After driving without it no more random reboots. Clearly USB is the issue especially if you have a lot of music in it.
Old 10-18-13, 03:54 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How is everyone's experience with the lastest Nav firmware update: V10A8500?
Old 10-18-13, 08:44 AM
redcupr
Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
How is everyone's experience with the lastest Nav firmware update: V10A8500?
I've lived with the update for a few days now. It's an improvement.

No random restarts yet. I used to get system restarts with bluetooth connected.

The system itself is faster, so far no momentary freezing when moving the mouse or changing between functions.

Pandora still has an issue (might be my phone, an iPhone 5). After this update (8500) and the previous update (8400) I could not get Pandora to play. It would connect, load the station list and either play the music without any audio, or it would say the music is paused and you could not get it to play no matter what you did.

The work-around for it is to have the Enform app running on your phone and go into one of the other apps through the car (stocks, sports, fuel prices) let it get that data, then go into Pandora and it plays fine and works flawlessly from then on.

So, Lexus still has work to do.
Old 10-18-13, 08:53 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redcupr
I've lived with the update for a few days now. It's an improvement.

No random restarts yet. I used to get system restarts with bluetooth connected.

The system itself is faster, so far no momentary freezing when moving the mouse or changing between functions.

Pandora still has an issue (might be my phone, an iPhone 5). After this update (8500) and the previous update (8400) I could not get Pandora to play. It would connect, load the station list and either play the music without any audio, or it would say the music is paused and you could not get it to play no matter what you did.

The work-around for it is to have the Enform app running on your phone and go into one of the other apps through the car (stocks, sports, fuel prices) let it get that data, then go into Pandora and it plays fine and works flawlessly from then on.

So, Lexus still has work to do.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like issues are being addressed.

You guys need to keep providing feedback to Lexus!
Old 10-18-13, 09:06 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Whenever posting an issue here, you should also specify firmware version.

Ie 8400 or 8500
Old 10-18-13, 09:16 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlude
Whenever posting an issue here, you should also specify firmware version.

Ie 8400 or 8500

Excellent suggestion!
Old 10-18-13, 12:00 PM
cpham4
Driver School Candidate

Taking my car in this Monday and I will complain about the nav and see if they can update the firmware for me. My car also came with minor curb rash so they are going to take a few days to fix that. It is also out alignment, not sure if it's related to the curb rash, but they will also fix that for me.

I'll report back the middle of next week on how fast it the nav changes after the update (if they do it)
Old 10-19-13, 10:40 AM
itisme1760
Driver School Candidate

can someone get the TSIB number for the 8500 build software? I called my local dealership and was transferred to parts, and they told me it would cost $165???
Old 10-19-13, 01:44 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Thanks for the update. Sounds like issues are being addressed.

You guys need to keep providing feedback to Lexus!
The issues are only being addressed by dealers who have the update. Mine didn't, and according to them, no one in the two dealerships they own (Las Vegas area) has yet to complain. Mine has yet to act up, but it sure would have been nice to have taken care of it yesterday when I was there, considering I live 94 miles from my dealership. ETA is 30 days.
Old 10-19-13, 05:19 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
The issues are only being addressed by dealers who have the update. Mine didn't, and according to them, no one in the two dealerships they own (Las Vegas area) has yet to complain. Mine has yet to act up, but it sure would have been nice to have taken care of it yesterday when I was there, considering I live 94 miles from my dealership. ETA is 30 days.
So you are saying you don't have any issues with the Nav or multimedia system? Do you use apps like Pandora?
Old 10-19-13, 08:25 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

So you are saying you don't have any issues with the Nav or multimedia system? Do you use apps like Pandora?
Sony, I've only had the car for a week, and I've yet to use Pandora. Since my car has the buggy software (confirmed by the dealer), I imagine problems could pop up at anytime. So far though, no issues.
Old 10-19-13, 08:28 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Sony, I've only had the car for a week, and I've yet to use Pandora. Since my car has the buggy software (confirmed by the dealer), I imagine problems could pop up at anytime. So far though, no issues.
You guys are lucky to be able to stop at the dealer and buy the car. Dealers here don't even have the demo car for test drives. Mine won't be here until December/January based on how long people are waiting for their orders.
Old 10-19-13, 09:17 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

You guys are lucky to be able to stop at the dealer and buy the car. Dealers here don't even have the demo car for test drives.
There are so many in California that even our malls have them on display.
Old 10-19-13, 09:44 PM
Mattspiral
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itisme1760
can someone get the TSIB number for the 8500 build software? I called my local dealership and was transferred to parts, and they told me it would cost $165???
Same here with me. They told me it'll be $170. I told them not the nav update but the firmware update, then gave them the tsib # yet they still didn't know what I was talking about.

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved