Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Old 08-09-14, 08:50 AM   #361
doodlebug
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGard18 View Post
So they reluctantly updated me to 8710 or whatever the latest is (I thought I saw 8740,but I can't recall) and so far it's worse. I often just have a bluetooth connection and run radio.com from my phone in the mornings and then in the afternoon use pandora through enform. Every time when I start the car, the connection is made, it looks like everything is working, but I get NO audio. It doesn't matter which option I use. If I hold down the power button to reset the car's stereo, once it's back up, things connect and work normally.

I'm hoping it's just my phone (Google Nexus 5), so I went in and unpaired everything, deleted all bt connections from my phone, removed it from the car, then repaired this morning. I'll find out when I leave work in two hours whether or not that helped. But so far I'm really annoyed.

This used to happen before the update, just once every day or every two days, not twice a day. The dealer said they tried two of their tech's cell phones and they could not replicate the problem, so maybe it is my phone...
I also got the 8710 update this week. However, I've never had bluetooth connection or audio problems with my iPhone 5, so maybe it is your phone. My main concern has always been random reboots. Good luck getting it worked out.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 08-11-14, 06:50 AM   #362
JGard18
Pole Position

Well, I've uninstalled EnForm and things work great now. I have noticed that enform kind of sucks as far as stability goes. I always have two enform logos showing up in the status bar of my android phone whenever it's running, too. This has been the case on my past two phones, really, so it's not just my phone.

I've had three phones since I bought my car. An HTC One (Android), Nokia Lumia 1520 (Windows), and Nexus 5 (Android). Things were most stable all around with the Nokia, but Enform isn't even available on that platform. So I think I've found the main issue.

While it would be nice to be able to control a lot of internet audio without taking the phone out of my pocket, I'd rather have a stable environment, so enform is just going to remain off my phone.
JGard18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-14, 01:10 PM   #363
JDR76
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but does anyone know what this antenna symbol is for? I can't find any mention of it in the manual. I can, at times, select it to seemingly turn it on or off, but can't notice any change when it does.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-14, 09:01 AM   #364
doodlebug
Driver

I received the 8710 update a couple of weeks ago (I didn't really notice any difference in speed, etc.) and exactly one week later I had two simultaneous reboots. I took my car to the dealer on Monday and luckily an engineer was in town for a separate issue and messed with the system. Apparently he was able to replicate my issue. They have ordered a new radio - hopefully, my problems will cease with a new radio.
Old 08-20-14, 12:25 PM   #365
kofiori
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR76 View Post
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but does anyone know what this antenna symbol is for? I can't find any mention of it in the manual. I can, at times, select it to seemingly turn it on or off, but can't notice any change when it does.
I think that means, u ar using ur cellphone data.
kofiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 05:15 PM   #366
NuEoK
Driver School Candidate

Took delivery of my IS on July 30th, came with version 10c87410.

One thing I do want to point out, when I installed lexus enform and connected my bluetooth, the car did ask me to update the software. Took about 30 minutes and something updated. Not sure if it was the Lexus apps or the system update.

Without the lexus enform app, it never prompted me to do an update when the bluetooth was connected.
NuEoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 05:24 PM   #367
iPinky
Driver

So, it's been a while since I've posted here. Regardless, I'm still having issues with my nav. They swapped my nav out several months ago because they didn't have a fix for the blue screen flash. It was good at the beginning, but it started to reoccur again, and now more often than before. I brought it in and they said that my radio unit is failing. So, it will need to be replaced. Nothing was wrong with the nav, so I guess the radio is the one causing the glitches (blue screen flash, as well as the problems when Enform is being used)? Idk. I'm hoping, once again, that this fixes it. I'm still confused and dumbfounded on how a 9-month old car's radio unit is failing.
iPinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 09:03 AM   #368
abcsoup
Driver

Default 2015 Improvements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x290zLHDzJA#t=158

As noticed by others in the 2015 interior thread, the 2015 IS appears to have a much faster navigation system than the 2014. I don't know if this kind of improvement could be pushed via an update; they may just be using hardware that is 2-3x faster. If it's not available for 2014 vehicles, that would be very, very disappointing.
Old 08-25-14, 10:30 AM   #369
unowned
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcsoup View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x290zLHDzJA#t=158

As noticed by others in the 2015 interior thread, the 2015 IS appears to have a much faster navigation system than the 2014. I don't know if this kind of improvement could be pushed via an update; they may just be using hardware that is 2-3x faster. If it's not available for 2014 vehicles, that would be very, very disappointing.
My wife's 2013 ES has a Gen 7 nav and it is blazing fast compared to my Gen 8. Not much we can do unless you find a phone that crashes your nav every 5 seconds to get the new hardware or we a lawyer is able to get a class action suit about it being a safety issue.
unowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 11:52 AM   #370
aabdelsa
Driver School Candidate

I went to my local dealer (JM Lexus) on Thurday to get the firmware update. Things seem to be running a little peppier but it wasn't worth the couple surprises I received my car back with...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
aabdelsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-14, 11:15 PM   #371
abcsoup
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabdelsa View Post
I went to my local dealer (JM Lexus) on Thurday to get the firmware update. Things seem to be running a little peppier but it wasn't worth the couple surprises I received my car back with...
Wow, sorry to hear that. I would go back and force them to repair it. That's unacceptable.

I've been holding off on updating my nav until there are substantial speed improvements. I'm still on V8300, and it's slow but at least stable for Bluetooth audio/calls. I don't even end up using the nav much since my iPhone's directions are so much better.
Old 09-01-14, 08:34 AM   #372
azmojo
Driver

What is the firmware update process? Does it involve removing any components? I would have thought it could be done through software interface.
azmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 09:14 PM   #373
iPinky
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabdelsa View Post
Ouch! Yeah, man, definitely bring it back to them for a fix. It shouldn't come back all scratched up. That's ridiculous.
iPinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 01:13 PM   #374
JGard18
Pole Position

The update is them plugging something into the USB port and running the update. They shouldn't even be near those two spots that are now marked up on his car. That sucks.
JGard18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 10:55 AM   #375
jjmaxx81
Driver School Candidate

Do we have to pay for the firmware update?
I took mine for it's first service the other month and the dealer said not worth updating nav cause it's like $100 something? Is that because it's software and not firmware?
jjmaxx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 10:55 AM

Tags
2014, back, blackberry, buletin, facebook, gen, lexus, lsb007313, nav, navigation, rebooting, series, service, system, version8500