IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-13, 01:55 AM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by iPinky
They come that way and was available at the dealership.
Can please you take a pic of the wheel during the day and post it?
Old 12-04-13, 07:15 AM
jcheng
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine came in last Saturday... just been too lazy to go pick it up.
Got some CE28 fresh from the oven waiting to be mounted!

IS350 F Sport Ultra White/ Rioja Red
Old 12-04-13, 11:02 AM
iPinky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prepboy607
The sunshade is an item that can be ordered. I find most sales people don't know what they are talking about. Kind of sad in today's day and age with all the technology at their finger tips.
Ahhh... Lucky you! I remembered seeing it on Lexus' website as an option for the F-Sport. But the salesperson was so damn adamant about it that I just let it go.

Will do! I'll take one and post it after he gets washed. He got dirty from last week's rain and it's been too cold to wash him.
Old 12-04-13, 11:44 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

noob here. Anyone know how else to get ahold of nigel and hid powerhouse? sent both a email and havent gotten a reply.

white/black fsport nav/ml
Old 12-04-13, 09:11 PM
NG3IS3F
Driver School Candidate

Default Long time BMW guy switch to Lexus

When I first saw the car in pictures I thought it was hideous. I never thought I'd own one a few months later. I came from an 07 BMW 335i and couldn't be happier. It's just so smooth, comfortable and lots of gadgets. I can't stop staring at it. I would've loved to get the bright blue color but I guess it's not available here? Anyway, love the Grey/Red color combo. Also, if you're in the Dallas area looking for one of these ask for Dawn at Sewell. She's a personal friend, and she'll take great care of you.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-1467212_699133723431317_1012282752_n.jpg  
Old 12-04-13, 09:47 PM
iPinky
Driver

Here ya go... Somehow, it looks chromey black, but it really isn't. Just a reflection of the pavement. Think of it as a shiny black paint.

Second pic probably gives you a better idea of the look, overall.

I noticed scratches on all of my wheels, so I went to the dealership today to get them fixed. It turns out the clear coating on them were scuffed, probably through careless install. Ugh. But I noticed at the parts section, they had these wheels on display (3rd pic). Mine is not as shiny compared to the chromey black wheel in 5th column, 2nd row.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-photo-3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-photo-4.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!-photo-2.jpg  
Old 12-04-13, 10:12 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here ya go... Somehow, it looks chromey black, but it really isn't. Just a reflection of the pavement. Think of it as a shiny black paint.

I noticed scratches on all of my wheels, so I went to the dealership today to get them fixed. It turns out the clear coating on them were scuffed, probably through careless install. Ugh. But I noticed at the parts section, they had these wheels on display (3rd pic). Mine is not as shiny compared to the chromey black wheel in 5th column, 2nd row.
Yeah. The second pic looks AWESOME!!! I think 35% tint all the way around would make the car look stealth.
Old 12-05-13, 08:59 AM
iPinky
Driver

Yeah. The second pic looks AWESOME!!! I think 35% tint all the way around would make the car look stealth.
Thanks! I had 35% on 4 side windows, and 20% on rear window on my Starfire Pearl 2IS. I'm thinking of going with the same combination, but considering to maybe go lighter. I've never been ticketed for it, but I'm scared the same tint combination might look darker on an all black car. But then again, if it was too dark, it would have more of a contrast against a white car, I think. Decisions, decisions...
Old 12-05-13, 09:06 AM
iPinky
Driver

Originally Posted by NG3IS3F
When I first saw the car in pictures I thought it was hideous. I never thought I'd own one a few months later.
Funny you say that. I was in the same boat as you. When I saw its debut, I was put off by it. Saw it in person, and I was sure as hell I wouldn't get it. I also thought the interior plastic felt cheap. But, it grew on me. The technology that came with this car won me over too. Besides, the F-Sport grille definitely makes it sexy. Congrats! And welcome to Lexus!
Old 12-05-13, 09:10 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Funny you say that. I was in the same boat as you. When I saw its debut, I was put off by it. Saw it in person, and I was sure as hell I wouldn't get it. I also thought the interior plastic felt cheap. But, it grew on me. The technology that came with this car won me over too. Besides, the F-Sport grille definitely makes it sexy. Congrats! And welcome to Lexus!
Ditto. I had wanted an IS for years. I kept telling my wife I was going to wait for the 3IS, in hopes they'd make the rear seat larger. I counted down the days to the reveal, then saw it in pictures and instantly decided against it, so we started looking at the GS. I went to the dealership to look at the GS and saw the IS in person for the first time and I liked it. It ended up being a very tough decision - IS vs GS. In the end, I went with the IS.
Old 12-05-13, 09:17 AM
iPinky
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
Ditto. I had wanted an IS for years. I kept telling my wife I was going to wait for the 3IS, in hopes they'd make the rear seat larger. I counted down the days to the reveal, then saw it in pictures and instantly decided against it, so we started looking at the GS. I went to the dealership to look at the GS and saw the IS in person for the first time and I liked it. It ended up being a very tough decision - IS vs GS. In the end, I went with the IS.
Oooh...The GS is a sexy car. What were the deciding factors that made you choose the IS?
Old 12-05-13, 09:22 AM
istasy
Driver School Candidate

Looks great! I would love to see someone do this on a White Is Fsport!
Old 12-05-13, 09:27 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Oooh...The GS is a sexy car. What were the deciding factors that made you choose the IS?
It was a tough choice, but either way we win!

In the end, we decided to buy two cars - the IS350 for me, and an RX350 for my wife. Since we bought two cars, and one was an SUV, we decided we could do without the extra room of the GS. So, one car for utility, and one for fun!
Old 12-05-13, 09:56 AM
jcheng
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When I first saw the car in pictures I thought it was hideous. I never thought I'd own one a few months later. I came from an 07 BMW 335i and couldn't be happier. It's just so smooth, comfortable and lots of gadgets. I can't stop staring at it. I would've loved to get the bright blue color but I guess it's not available here? Anyway, love the Grey/Red color combo. Also, if you're in the Dallas area looking for one of these ask for Dawn at Sewell. She's a personal friend, and she'll take great care of you.
Haha! I know Dawn. My wife works for the new car finance there as well!
Old 12-05-13, 11:38 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also switching from BMW 335 to grey/red 3IS, the car is being delivered next week. Glad to hear you love the car and color combo no that youu actually have the car. Good luck to you!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!