Considering that the BMW's new 3 series is right around the corner, we should expect the 3IS sometime in the next 2 years (my guess). As much as the 2IS was an improvement over the 1IS, there's always room for improvement and the list below are some of the things that I'd like to see.
1. sportier styling/more masculine styling as the 2IS has been accused on many occassions as being a check car (no offense)
2. offer a double clutch option
3. offer a true sport option
4. bring back active headlights
5. make the car just a tad larger (for all of us that need a 4 door because of kids but love the sport car/sedan segment)
6. offer more interior color options, instead of black, tan, and grey. (take a page from BMW and Mercedes)
7. offer a better designed/looking steering wheel (it just doesn't look sporty)
Super wish list...
1. incorporate a sequential turbo like the Supra TT had back in the days for a mid-life refresh and offer it as an "f sport" option
2. make the next gen is-f with a 4.3 v-8 turbo or 4.0 inline 6 twin turbo
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
1) Better build quality on the trim - windshield molding, but mostly dash. A Lexus can't have a dash with clips, let alone plastic clips that rub and rattle on the windshield incessantly
2) Better steering feel and response - the steering is too vague, needs to be sharper and tighter.
3) Same goes for brakes - I'm sure it has to do with the brake-by-wire system, but brakes are just a bit mushy and vague as well.
4) Better design for the rear - I'm sure it's a trade-off for luggage capacity and rear space, but the rear of the car is too chunky and tall.
Otherwise, I really have few complaints about the 2IS or things I would want to see on the 3IS aside from the obvious that I'm sure will be included (more HP, quicker acceleration, better fuel efficiency).
2006 IS250 AWD - Black Onyx- First Car
Mod List-Polished Linea Corse Dyna l Megan EZ Coilovers l Roof+Trunk Spoiler l GFX Front Lip +Rear Lip l ISF Style Grille l Carbon Fiber Overlay l 6000k HID Low Beam l Putco Jet Yellow Fog Lights I Black Headlight Housing l M2 Exhaust l Top Fuel Intake l LED Turn Signals l AVS Visors