IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Train horns in an IS - where to run the air line?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-15, 04:51 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Train horns in an IS - done.

All done, scroll down.
Attached Thumbnails Train horns in an IS - where to run the air line?-image1.jpg   Train horns in an IS - where to run the air line?-image2.jpg  

Last edited by J3ffrey; 02-19-15 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-08-15, 04:55 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I heard of these train horns. Saw some clips on youtube a couple years back. Its freakin LOUD! Sorry i cannot help you as i am unfamiliar with the setup but what do you plan on doing with them?
Old 02-08-15, 05:01 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by idoke1
I heard of these train horns. Saw some clips on youtube a couple years back. Its freakin LOUD! Sorry i cannot help you as i am unfamiliar with the setup but what do you plan on doing with them?
Well. I've had them in my other car for 5 or so years.

Typically they are just to scare friends with.

however, on rare occasions they get used for:

- stupid teenagers who pretend they are hard asses by walking down the middle of the street, looking over their shoulder and seeing you and staying in the middle of the street.

- man or woman texting/emailing/talking on a cell phone at a red light and not seeing it has turned green (5 second rule in this case)

- anyone who behaves like an ******* on the road: extremely running a stop sign, extremely running a red light, tailgating me while I'm doing 10 over and then passing me by going over the double yellow around a blind curve on a backroad, special things like that.
Old 02-09-15, 06:15 AM
ChickenIS
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J3ffrey

- stupid teenagers who pretend they are hard asses by walking down the middle of the street, looking over their shoulder and seeing you and staying in the middle of the street.

- man or woman texting/emailing/talking on a cell phone at a red light and not seeing it has turned green (5 second rule in this case)

- anyone who behaves like an ******* on the road: extremely running a stop sign, extremely running a red light, tailgating me while I'm doing 10 over and then passing me by going over the double yellow around a blind curve on a backroad, special things like that.
I approve of this
Old 02-09-15, 07:20 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by J3ffrey

Lol! Now that is great effective work.
Old 02-09-15, 05:47 PM
carlos3366
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

details on exaclty how you installed them, also a video would be good. thanks.
Old 02-10-15, 05:44 AM
ChickenIS
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I could have used a train horn yesterday because this &unt was straddling lanes on the free way driving 60MPH in a 65MPH zone. When I passed her, the ^itch had her phone up to her face reading it. I almost did a 90 degree left turn into her I was so livid.
Old 02-10-15, 02:46 PM
G4lexboi
Pole Position

I want to do the same! Video would be nice
Old 02-14-15, 05:35 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Air line is run, power line is run, relay remote line is run, wire to the horn actuator is run.. it was pretty easy actually. The hole in the firewall right behind the battery is great and then there's a hole to the trunk right behind the rear seat..

The two switches I got off ebay don't fit (sigh).. so I'm on the hunt for a momentary on that says "horn" and a on/off switch to control the compressor that will fit in those blanks on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Tomorrow I'll hit radio shack and get some temp switches just so I can finish the project..
Old 02-19-15, 04:59 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

All done:

Video:
http://tinypic.com/r/k1uxd0/8
Attached Thumbnails Train horns in an IS - where to run the air line?-horn1.jpg   Train horns in an IS - where to run the air line?-img_20150215_121847.jpg