TPMS - Check System Light - Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 05:43 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default TPMS - Check System Light - Help Needed

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing a problem with my TPMS in my 2IS. There's a light on the dash saying "Check System". Now, to give you some background info - I had a set of 20''s on the car for a couple of months. Then, when I put the stocks wheels on the light came on again. Notice that the light was on the whole time when the 20's where on the car, then it went off for the first couple of days when I put back the stocks. I've tried several methods, but nothing seemed to work. Today, I took the car to have a tech put a scanner and it gave him the following code: B2199. I tried googling it, but no solution was found. Does anyone know what this code is? Any solution to fix it? Can anyone help me, pls?

I am afraid that my car won't pass the emissions test because of this light on. Also, I plan to trade it for a 3IS in the near future, so I definitely don't want to trade it in with that light on and have the dealer give me less for my trade because of the light.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-24-14, 05:51 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have tpms sensors installed in either set of wheels? If not, that is why the light is on. This is something the tech should have easily figured out.
Old 11-24-14, 06:01 PM
jst17
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexi90
I am afraid that my car won't pass the emissions test because of this light on. Also, I plan to trade it for a 3IS in the near future, so I definitely don't want to trade it in with that light on and have the dealer give me less for my trade because of the light.

Any help is appreciated!
You need to have tpms working to pass emission?!

My guess would be to replace the sensors, since they are always on the stock ones. The sensors usually last about 100k miles depending on the driving cond.
Old 11-24-14, 06:07 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Do you have tpms sensors installed in either set of wheels? If not, that is why the light is on. This is something the tech should have easily figured out.
Yes, I got the stocks wheels with TPMS sensors now!

Originally Posted by jst17
You need to have tpms working to pass emission?!

My guess would be to replace the sensors, since they are always on the stock ones. The sensors usually last about 100k miles depending on the driving cond.
Not so sure if I need to, but knowing how tough some inspectors can be I rather be safe! I thought the same, replacing them all. Just not sure if I want to spend that kind of money right now
Old 11-24-14, 08:21 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So with the tpms sensors its still on? Either you need to have someone sync them or you need to select the right set of sensors from the car menu since the car can store two sets of sensors. Scroll through the < O > button on left of your steering wheel to change which sensors the car is reading
Old 11-25-14, 08:37 AM
jst17
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So with the tpms sensors its still on? Either you need to have someone sync them or you need to select the right set of sensors from the car menu since the car can store two sets of sensors. Scroll through the < O > button on left of your steering wheel to change which sensors the car is reading

try to switch between MAIN and 2ND on the speedometer section.
But since it worked before, I dont think it is a syn problem.
Old 11-25-14, 10:50 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jst17

try to switch between MAIN and 2ND on the speedometer section.
But since it worked before, I dont think it is a syn problem.
I tried that too! Will do it once more and see if it works. Main is for the stock wheels while 2nd is for a 2nd set of wheels (i.e. winter, aftermarket) - that's what I was told...